🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Earnings are not hidden
Page options
arianmarie
Community Member

Earnings are not hidden

Hello everyone! I have checked the option in my settings to hide my earnings, but when I try to view my profile by clicking the "View my profile as others see it" option, it still shows my earnings.

How do I fix this?

Thank you!

EDIT: attached the screenshot

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

That is not a valid test.

Because you are still logged in,

Try viewing your profile page while you are completely logged out from Upwork. That way you can simulate the experience of a logged-out client.

But keep in mind, a logged in client may see something different.

I bookmarked your profile,

When I tried to view it as a logged out client, I saw only this:

"This freelancer's profile is only available to Upwork customers. Please login or sign up to view their profile."

Then, when I logged in, I saw ONLY "private earnings" next to each job.

I was not able to see your earnings when I looked your profile.

Preston H wrote:

Try viewing your profile page while you are completely logged out from Upwork. That way you can simulate the experience of a logged-out client.

That is a really silly way to check anything because **NO** earnings show to anyone when logged out. Why would she want to "simulate the experience of a logged out client?" That doesn't tell her if hiding her earnings works or not because EVERYONE's earnings are hidden from people who are logged out.

Petra: I was still in the process of testing her profile from the perspective of a client.

Her attempt to view her profile as it appears to others appears to have given her a false perspective.

Arian Marie:

Based on what I saw, the "hide earnings" directive is indeed working as intended on your profile.

petra_r
Community Member

Arian, your earnings are successfully hidden.

This is not a recommended tactic, as clients you apply to will still see your previous earnings anyway, as will your existing clients, and you are excluding yourself from some searches which results in less invites.

arianmarie
Community Member

Hello Petra and Preston! I knew either of you would respond, you've always been helpful and I always see you responding here!

Thank you very much for the input.

I understand the limitations of having a private Upwork account and hiding my earnings. I do have a personal reason for doing so, and I am satisfied with the current setup. I really just wanted to make sure that my earnings were hidden to people I don't intend to show it to (so that excludes my potential clients and current clients, I'm okay with them seeing it) because as mentioned earlier, it was still showing on my end. But now I was educated that it was because I was still logged in, and that my earnings were hidden after all.

Thank you very much, both of you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members