🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Easy shopping agents
Page options
71ab32ef
Community Member

Easy shopping agents

Hey freelancers. I have a question. I have been working with easy shopping agents and as i read from internet they might be scammers that want you to invest in their platform and then they vanish. What it's strange to me is the fact that the company i'm working with , pays me 4$ in crypto daily for 40 orders that i complete.

Can please someone tell me what is this about? It's something not legit and anti-law because why someone would pay me 4$ for something that easy 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This is not fun. Keep in mind no real client will ever ask you for payment directly or to buy things for them. To stay safe and learn more about how the platform works, please read everything you can on the forum. and on the ressources available on Upwork.

Like mentionned earlier, not communicating outside of Upwork, and not paying anything can save you from most common scams.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
petra_r
Community Member

Eni B wrote:

Can please someone tell me what is this about?

Is that a company you "met" on Upwork?

71ab32ef
Community Member

Yes i found the company on upwork 

Why does your profile say you are a translator?

Why are you working for that company if you are not hired on Upwork?

Why are you accepting payments in crypto outside of Upwork?

Because i know english and i work part time as a translator 

I'm not working i was just interested in gaining some money since it was posted on upwork i thought i was legit

i haven't accepted any crypto that's why i asked it here.

if it wasn't legit why would it be on upwork?

**Edited for Community Guidelines** Did the jobs posting say: we will pay you in crypto? Probably not. 

No but it said contact me on whatsapp and upwork could read this before it approves 

Eni B wrote:

Sorry, it is just confusing because you said:

"I have been working with easy shopping agents... What it's strange to me is the fact that the company i'm working with , pays me 4$ in crypto daily for 40 orders that i complete."

it's what they told me that if i did the job i would be paid in crypto and i have been working is said that i talked with them on whatsapp because as i said I'm new here and don't know the platform rules they offered me the work and i found strange why would someone pay for that easy thing. I couldn't find any answer on community of upwork that's why i asked

You did the right thing by asking. To avoid that person asking other freelancer, you can flag it as inappropriate so Upwork can take it down later on.

As for your translator title, if you want jobs in that field, you can maybe add a bit more details of your experience. If you do not want to receive Translation invitations, you can change your title to better reflect your experience. The idea is just to match the title with the content of the bio.

They stole me 30$ bc i was required to deposit a warranty to start working and they disappeared but this is something else.

I just wanted to be ensured about this. 

This is not fun. Keep in mind no real client will ever ask you for payment directly or to buy things for them. To stay safe and learn more about how the platform works, please read everything you can on the forum. and on the ressources available on Upwork.

Like mentionned earlier, not communicating outside of Upwork, and not paying anything can save you from most common scams.

petra_r
Community Member

Eni B wrote:

They stole me 30$ bc i was required to deposit a warranty to start working and they disappeared but this is something else.

That was, of course, yet another scam.

You may want to stop applying for any work until you have read the terms of service and educated yourself as to how this platform works...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Sophie A wrote:

Eni B wrote:

Sorry, it is just confusing because you said:

"I have been working with easy shopping agents... What it's strange to me is the fact that the company i'm working with , pays me 4$ in crypto daily for 40 orders that i complete."

I was confused by this too.  This is in the present tense and this communicates that you are currently working for the company and the company is currently paying you for the orders you complete.

petra_r
Community Member

Eni B wrote: Yes i found the company on upwork 

Then you are NOT allowed to accept payment in crypto, you can ONLY be paid via Upwork. You are also not allowed to communicate with any prospective clients outside the platform.

Those two things are the two most important rules on Upwork and breaking them can result in you losing your Upwork account.

If you don't have a real Upwork contract on your My Jobs page you are in the middle of a scam and are violating Upwork's terms of service which risks you being suspended from the platform.

71ab32ef
Community Member

I'm new in upwork as a freelancer and i wanted to work so I could get paid and earn something.

that's why i asked because I want to be correct with the platform

Change that profile picture. It must be a professional photo and of yourself.

What do you mean? It's me💀

AndreaG

Hi all,

A few posts and replies to them have been removed/edited from this thread as they were in violation of our Community Guidelines and values. Public accusations of misconduct, incompetence, or other wrongdoing are not allowed in this Community and will be removed. Posting in the Community forums is not the course of action to report violations. We encourage users to use flagging tools available on the site to report any suspicious content or activity directly to our Trust & Safety team privately instead.

Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other users when posting.
~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members