🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Edit Proposals
Page options
virtualnj609
Community Member

Edit Proposals

I would really like to see an "edit" button added into the area where we put our proposals.  After hitting submit, there are times that something additional may need to be added - we should have that capability...even if it is only a one hour window.

Thoughts? 

3 REPLIES 3
mtngigi
Community Member

There are many features we'd all like to see, but are never going to happen. Your suggestion has been brought up countless times over the years. It's not going to happen.

I write most all my bids in a simple text program on my computer to make sure I've covered everyhing, and then I copy/paste - it's really the best way to ensure the "oops I forgot something" issue. Or, you can completely withdraw your bid and write a whole new bid and have to pay again to submit.

pudingstudio
Community Member

Ellen M wrote:

I would really like to see an "edit" button added into the area where we put our proposals.  After hitting submit, there are times that something additional may need to be added - we should have that capability...even if it is only a one hour window.

Thoughts? 

Is that often, that you need to edit your proposal?

You are thinking about the job while you're typing it, you don't think about it AFTER you've already sent the proposal.

If you're finding that it's often that you forgot to add something about the job you're applying to - don't rush!
Take your time.

Your proposal will stand out to a client even if everybody else already sent ther proposals.
If you're happy with your proposal, nothing is stopping the client to pay attention to it.

r_satta
Community Member

Ellen M wrote:

Thoughts? 

Nice idea, but I don't agree with you.
I too wished to edit my proposal sometimes, mainly because I made some pretty lame mistakes like a lowecase I or forgetting to put the -s at the end of some words. 

Thus, I'm one of those who would have agreed with you in the past, but I learned how to take my time to send a proposal. We are talking about money here, it's not something you do on the spur of the moment. An error-free proposal might stand out more than a poorly written one, this is a "weapon" we have to master to make our proposal better, it they gave us an edit button it would be like taking away this weapon from us. Double check a proposal before sending it, that's all you have to do.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members