🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » *Edit* Why is "book a consultation" showing o...
Page options
mara99com
Community Member

*Edit* Why is "book a consultation" showing on my profile

I have noticed that this month I have received significantly less traffic and clients and after checking my profile, I can see that some genius developer that works for Upwork has converted my project quote to my consultation hourly rate and it shows now that I am charging $5000/30minutes. I can't edit it because when I click on Consultation, it goes to Projects, which is a completely different feature. And Consultation doesn't even exist in the backend, which means I can't even remove it.
Moreover, there is absolutely no one to contact and ask for help, CHAT, PHONE, or TICKET support is not working, only a BOT. It is Wednesday, and this happens during the regular US working hours. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to provide an update that this issue has been fixed. Now when viewing your profile you should see your Consultation under your profile description. The rate per 30 minutes should also be showing correctly now. 
Your Project Catalog should show as before under your portfolio. 

Note that this will still only show to you when you view your own profile and will not be displayed when clients view your profile. 

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mara,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused.  I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to look into this and assist you accordingly.

Edited to add:

We've been checking on this with the team and can confirm that this has no effect on how your public profile is displayed to clients. "Book a Consultation" view is only available when you're viewing your own profile and is not visible to clients. Your project is also displayed to clients in the Project Catalog as before.

Consultations is a new offering within Project Catalog and it's currently in beta testing and isn't fully available to users. The team will work on addressing issues like this one before it's rolled out to all users. Apologies for any confusion caused by this.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mara99com
Community Member

Thank you Bojan, another issue I have is that I have been invited to the project and there is no Submit button jobs/~01658ab4f8009c8ca4

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mara, 

I'm sorry for the confusion. I checked the job post you are referring to, and it looks like the client has already filled it. Since the job is already filled, the job is already closed, which is why you're unable to accept the invitation. This sometimes happens when the system has yet to update the job on your end, so it looks like there is no button to accept the invitation. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello,

This showed up on my profile today. I have not set up any consultation yet.

salimanoorani_0-1643290479642.png

Here are a few things I am confused about. 

💢I have 4 approved projects in the catalog and only this one showed up in "Book Consultation". Why? And this particular project does not require consultation. 

💢Who decided the rate ( $20/30 min)? 

💢I have hidden this particular project from my profile but still, it did not go. What do I need to do to remove it?

I would be grateful if someone can help me understand what's going on.

Salima Mushtaq Ali N wrote:

This showed up on my profile today. I have not set up any consultation yet.

It's a bug.

Nothing is showing on your profile when I look at it from a client t profile.

Your projects are showing up fine.

wescowley
Community Member

I've never set up a consultation project (and won't). Yet when I loaded my profile view this morning, this was there:

chrome_EayCRaGsPd.png

I went to the "See Public View" and it was still there. From the public view, I clicked the "Learn more" and got this:

chrome_f40qbADkzP.png

Why is this on my profile? Why does it have an absurd rate on it? 

Wes C wrote:

Why is this on my profile? Why does it have an absurd rate on it? 

For what it's worth, I looked at your profile with a client account and could not see it.

Petra R wrote:

For what it's worth, I looked at your profile with a client account and could not see it.

That's a relief, thank you. 

It's been real buggy the last couple of days. Somebody reported they showed a rate of $5000/30 min on their profile..... 

Hi Wes,

It is a known issue that our engineers are aware of and definitely intend to fix while Consulations feature is still in beta. It only shows when you view your own profile and doesn't change how your profile shows to clients. 
We've had a few users reporting this issue so we've merged all posts here.

Sorry about any confusion this has caused.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks, Valeria. 

kirfox
Community Member

I'm having the same error ($300/30 minutes for me!). Just logged out & checked my profile, and Bojan is correct -- it appears the way it should in the public view.

mara99com
Community Member

I checked your profile and you don't have a Consultation option only a Project catalog. 

mara99com
Community Member

This is really really bad.
First, the problem is not solved and then you edited the title. 🙈
Now it is Why is book a consultation showing on my profile. 
That was not the issue. The issue is the wrong price/hourly rate showing on the profile when the project and consultation are mixed. 
Not sure who gave you the right to edit the title and mislead others. 
Book a consultation SHOULD SNOW ON MY PROFILE! 

Hi Mara,

Our team of moderators may take certain actions to keep the forums organized and helpful for everyone. We may move, merge and edit posts. Several community members have reported the same issue and we have merged all reports into one thread so we could easily share these reports with our product team and provide updates in one place. The title has also been updated to better describe the issue in case other freelancers are looking for information about it in the Community. 

We have confirmed with our product team that some freelancers see their Projects showing on their profiles as a Consultations due to a bug. The way the rate is showing for 30 minutes is also due to the bug. 
I'd like to reiterate that it is not showing this way publicly and the bug only affects the way a freelancer sees their own profile. 

We appreciate your patience while we're getting this issue addressed. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'd like to provide an update that this issue has been fixed. Now when viewing your profile you should see your Consultation under your profile description. The rate per 30 minutes should also be showing correctly now. 
Your Project Catalog should show as before under your portfolio. 

Note that this will still only show to you when you view your own profile and will not be displayed when clients view your profile. 

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork

My profile is still showing "book a consultation" even though I disabled it. Please help!

Hi Chris,

I checked this for you and can confirm that your consultation project is disabled. Feel free to reach out if you experience any problems or if a client was able to book a consultation with you.

~ AJ
Upwork
261775e3
Community Member

Hello I have also had this issue of a consultation not working for me. I submitted a consultation for review for years and nothing back. I submitted tickets and tried calling but nothing is working and my clients can't view my consultation until it's approved.  

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members