🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Edit milestone to a lower number than the...
Page options
5f68833e
Community Member

Edit milestone to a lower number than the current one

Hi everyone,

I'm a freelancer on Upwork. And I have a problem with editing the amount of a milestone.

So the current amount in Escrow right now is 50$. But I agreed with my client to change the amount to 24$. But I cannot change the amount of the milestone to a number less than the current 50$. 

Your help is very much appreciated! 

Best; 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Bouchra C wrote:

So the current amount in Escrow right now is 50$. But I agreed with my client to change the amount to 24$. But I cannot change the amount of the milestone to a number less than the current 50$. 

You can't change the amount of an active milestone.

When the work is done, simply request $24 instead of $50. If the client approves that, you get the $24 and the remaining $26 remain in escrow. That can either be used to fund the next milestone, or it can go back to the client when the contract is closed. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Bouchra C wrote:

You can't change the amount of an active milestone.

When the work is done, simply request $24 instead of $50. If the client approves that, you get the $24 and the remaining $26 remain in escrow. That can either be used to fund the next milestone, or it can go back to the client when the contract is closed. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members