Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit my profile/title

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Romain D Member Since: May 30, 2016
1 of 7

Hello,

I’d like to edit my profile but I want to make sure it is permitted and make sure I am not penalized.
For example, my title is: Translator and Transcriptor.
I haven’t done much transcription work for approximately 2 years on the site and would rather modify Transcriptor to Proofreader.
Before doing so I want to make sure this has no impact on my account and in particular my ranking on site. I have many reviews on my profile in regards to transcription. I would like to make sure that I don’t lose these reviews and that there is no negative impact for me, can you confirm if this is correct?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
2 of 7

It shouldn't affect anything that's already been done.

However, rather than changing everything as a whole, Upwork now allows you to create specialized profiles (up to 2 at this time, I believe). You could tailor one for transcription, and another for proofreading. They would both be specific whatever you put in them, and you chose what portfolio items are included. When submitting a proposal, you then have the opportunity to specify which specialized profile the client will see.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Romain D Member Since: May 30, 2016
3 of 7

Thank you for your answer. 

I don't want to continue my transcription activities. I'd only like to edit my title, replace "transcriptor" by "proofreader" and maybe edit the description part. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
4 of 7

If you just edit your general profile then, it shouldn't change anything other than the information you're choosing to present.

Highlighted
Amjad a Member Since: Dec 5, 2017
5 of 7

Hi Experts,

Can I want to add two more titles to my profile main title? I mean my profile title is ''Bookkeeping & Accounting''

I want to add two more titles are “Business Writing / Social Media Management"

So, it will become “Bookkeeping & Accounting / Business Writing / Social Media Management"

That is it,

Because I have specialized profile! And I have done projects for specialized profile also.

Thanks 

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
6 of 7

Hi Amjad,

If you're referring to updating your profile title, yes, you can update it to specifically describe the skills that you have as a freelancer. Let us know if you need further help. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Amjad a Member Since: Dec 5, 2017
7 of 7
Hi Joanne
Okay i will update , thanks for information.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS