cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit proposal after applying to a job

Highlighted
Dorina L Member Since: Feb 14, 2014
1 of 37
I would find useful to be able to edit my proposal after submitting not only the rate. Maybe I discovered a mistake on my proposal or I forgot to add an attachment, this things happen. Does anyone feel the same as me on this matter?
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 37
Problem with that is there are all sorts of naughty you can get up to if you can edit afterwards. That said, a 5-10 minute editing window would be very handy indeed to hoover up typos and (my normal one) to remember to put the "I've been paying attention, honestly" phrase at the top.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
3 of 37
If there's a relatively short time window, it's easy enough to withdraw the application (leave a caption "re-applying" or similar...) Then after a couple of minutes apply again (remember to copy your Letter to paste back in... and remember to make the changes you wanted) It's worked fine for me whenever I've missed that "I like bananas" in the first line...
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
4 of 37
Only that you no longer can re-apply for a job. Once you withdraw the application the option to apply is removed permanently. Even if you could the connects would hurt.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Tuvi I Member Since: Mar 29, 2019
5 of 37

Well, if you can pull up the page using your browser history, you can still reapply. Sure it costs you twice as many connects but mistakes have costs.

Farheen G Member Since: Oct 23, 2019
6 of 37

I don't see an option to re-apply and as one user reported withdrawing prevents you from re-applying.

Thomas B Member Since: Jul 17, 2018
7 of 37

In a case like this, the tokens should be returned IMO.

Dorina L Member Since: Feb 14, 2014
8 of 37
If I am a fair freelancer, then I do not see what kind of problems might be if Odesk allows me to edit the proposal after submitting. But maybe you are right, there can be all kind of strange situations. Anyway things like forgetting to add something in a proposal, happens all the time. Maybe there is another way to help freelancers with this, until then I will use Stephen B. technique, hope without "I like bananas" Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy Thanks for the tip!
Ace Contributor
German G Member Since: Jun 16, 2013
9 of 37
Proposals are considered part of the contract agreeded when it comes down to dispute resolution. It is important that they can't be modified once the project was awarded, but I don't see why shouldn't they be modified before. I have changed my proposals in the past due to what the client and I talked in the interview.
Penny H Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
10 of 37

I agree. Upwork allows you to change the rate so why not anything else? You could edit your proposal in Elance. In my case, I forgot to answer a question about how long it would take (another missing feature). Sure, it takes a bit of getting used to especially if you used Elance before but it's disturbing that so many features are missing. Sorry to go off topic, but the one I dislike most is that you have to view the proposal in a separate window now.

The fact that there is a workaround to the problem is even more worrying. I.e, you CAN do it but we're not going to make it easy for you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS