cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Edited* Attachment are getting Sanitized

Highlighted
Christopher J P Member Since: Mar 20, 2019
1 of 165

HELP! has anyone noticed that recently all the code in PDF forms is been wiped when passing / attaching submitting work to the clients?

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 165

This is a big problem, but there's a rule against starting multiple threads on the same topic.

Christopher J P Member Since: Mar 20, 2019
3 of 165

Has anyone else notice that when PDF forms are passed/attached in here all the code is wiped?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 165

Hi Christopher,

We'd like to investigate this. Since we may ask you to share more information about the message and the file you attached, I'll have a support ticket created about this for you. You'll receive an email notification once it's created and I'll also be updating this thread once we know more about the issue.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Cassandra B Member Since: Oct 21, 2019
5 of 165

Can you or your team please come up with a fix for this?!!?

Cassandra B Member Since: Oct 21, 2019
6 of 165

Honestly, I'm so FED UP with upwork.

I apid to hire a freelancer. she has done AMAZON work, exactly as directed. She submitted files perfectly.

Yet recently, UPWORK has been "sanitizing files", and turning ALL AI documents into PDF's- rendering them absolutely useless! You cant open them, cant isolate layers, or do any animations!

This is absolutely ridiculous. Does anyone know how to turn off this BS 'sanitization' feature?! 

Also, upwork chat and help are absolutely useless. Hoping to find more support here. 

Sincerely, angry and ai-file-less. 

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
7 of 165

Someone else will come along and explain better where to find it if you're not seeing it, but there is an option to download the original files.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 165

Cassandra B wrote:

This is absolutely ridiculous. Does anyone know how to turn off this BS 'sanitization' feature?! 

`Take a deep breath and simply click on the "download original file" link to the right of the file and download the file as it was sent.

download original file.jpg

Alternatively, get the freelancer to send the AI to you by email or dropbox

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
9 of 165

Cassandra, Upwork's instuctions for this are beyond poor.  Smiley Sad

It always makes sense to share contact info with FLes ... and if they fail to suggest it - you do.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 165

Hi Cassandra,

Sorry about the frustration caused by this. I see that you chatted with our support team about this as well and they provided some guidance. I also checked and there is still an option to download the original file that shows when hovering mouse over the sanitized file:

Screenshot_1.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS