cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: PDF forms are getting WIPED

Christopher J P Member Since: Mar 20, 2019
1 of 127

HELP! has anyone noticed that recently all the code in PDF forms is been wiped when passing / attaching submitting work to the clients?

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 127

This is a big problem, but there's a rule against starting multiple threads on the same topic.

Christopher J P Member Since: Mar 20, 2019
3 of 127

Has anyone else notice that when PDF forms are passed/attached in here all the code is wiped?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 127

Hi Christopher,

We'd like to investigate this. Since we may ask you to share more information about the message and the file you attached, I'll have a support ticket created about this for you. You'll receive an email notification once it's created and I'll also be updating this thread once we know more about the issue.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Catalin S Member Since: Sep 12, 2016
5 of 127

Hello Christopher,

Yes, I have the same problem for quite some time now, I even submitted a ticket but nothing has been solved, although I've sent samples of PDFs before uploading in the message room, and after downloading from the message room, and the size of the PDFs was different, code was missing, as if when I upload the PDF on UpWork it gets "filtered" somehow.

The workaround I use is to archive the PDF and send it to my client in a zip file

Until the problem is solved, maybe this helps you

Catalin

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 127

Catalin:

You clearly did NOT need Upwork or anybody else to sole this for you. You figured out a great workaround. Thank you for sharing your tip.

For anyone facing similar problems:

Upwork isn't a file transfer tool.

Professional freelancers have a number of REAL file transfer tools and techniques at their fingertips that know how to use in order to provide high-level, reliable service to their clients. Top freelancers use one or more of the following:

FTP

WeTransfer

Dropbox

Google Drive

Microsoft One Drive

email

USB thumb drive

Sync.com

pCloud

[etc.]

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 127

Preston H wrote:

Upwork isn't a file transfer tool.

But as long as Upwork strongly suggests that work should be submitted via Upwork and throws dire warnings at people for sharing contact details in message threads, Upwork should not wreck / corrupt  things that are being sent through its interfaces that even Facebook can handle without problems

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 127

Christopher and others,

I'd like to circle back here and provide an update. In some cases, malware scanning will remove embedded macros, formulas, or active content that is deemed potentially malicious.  If you want the original unmodified attachment, you can receive it by contacting Customer Support but note that Upwork is not responsible for any damage that may be caused by opening unmodified files transferred on Upwork.

Soon we'll be adding in product notifications about this.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
9 of 127

The query revolves around sending not receiving files.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
10 of 127

Valeria K wrote:

Christopher and others,

In some cases, malware scanning will remove embedded macros, formulas, or active content that is deemed potentially malicious.

Okay, that's fine, but you are not doing it the right way.

You can quarantine the file and warn the sender and the recipient.

You can let the file go through and warn the sender and the recipient.

But you cannot change the file and say nothing.

Seriously, your IT team needs to go out and talk to real people every now and then.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS