cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer

Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
111 of 127

Douglas Michael M wrote:

Michael S wrote:

If you need to submit an executable file, your best bet is to do what Preston said and get it to them another way. However, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive won't work, because Upwork scans files shared through those as well. Your best bet is something like FTP or a direct link to a server you control, and send that information in your "submit work and request payment" message.

To clarify, Michael, surely you mean using those programs through Upwork. After exchanging contact information against the all-too-common occurrence of Upwork's communication systems failing, clients and contractors can send and share files by whatever method suits them.

Quite right. Essentially, once you get established with a client, communicate and submit work via a more convenient medium, and just get paid through Upwork. But I do like to have something to submit through UW, just in case there's ever a dispute, even if it's just a "here's the work you requested" message with a link to where it can be accessed.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
112 of 127

Hi Yuri, 

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. In some cases, malware scanning will remove embedded macros, formulas, or active content that is deemed potentially malicious. Please see this page for more information about Upwork's Trust & Safety processes.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Maqsood A Member Since: Aug 31, 2019
113 of 127

It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support.

I cant download the file sent to me by my client and I need it urgently to start my work. The above message appears everytime I try to download it.

Here is the link to the file:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Urgent help would be appreciated!

Community Guru
Antun M Member Since: Jan 27, 2018
114 of 127

Maqsood A wrote:

It is not safe to download this file. If you really want to access this file please contact Customer Support.

I cant download the file sent to me by my client and I need it urgently to start my work. The above message appears everytime I try to download it.

If it's urgent, be quick to send your concerns to your client.

It's what I would do.

I'd be urgent about it, so that I can start with my work.
I'd ask my client if it is possible to share a file via some file sharing site (googledrive, dropbox..).

115 of 127

His office time is up, so he will come online by tommorow, so there is nothing I can do Smiley Sad

Community Guru
Antun M Member Since: Jan 27, 2018
116 of 127

Maqsood A wrote:

His office time is up, so he will come online by tommorow, so there is nothing I can do Smiley Sad

No rush.

You wouldn't agree to send you work before checking the files you need.
Client wouldn't expect you to finish the job before acknowledging all files they've sent are fine with you.

Either wait for someone to be more suportive or await your client.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
117 of 127

Maqsood A wrote:

It's not the file. Try a different browser.

118 of 127

What do you mean that it is not a file?
Its a "Text File"
Also, I have tried different browsers but the problem remains. Now?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
119 of 127

Thank you for reaching out to us, Maqsood.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via support ticket to assist you with downloading the file you're referring to. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Jacqueline P Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
120 of 127

Thanks, Valeria, that's good to know. Does that mean files put on the Message Center last week (Thursday) should now be resent to benefit from this feature, or that files sent then will have it too? 

Just confirming, common sense would indicate to me they need to be resent.

Also haven't seen anyone say they have a problem with pdfs made from InDesign, I'm thinking those are probably ok though sending press quality to be transferred to a commericial print shop would be ill advised.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS