Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Edited* Attachment are getting Sanitized

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
101 of 165

Christopher and Preston,

I'd just like to point out that in the notification, users will have an option to download the original now. Please, see my earlier post on this thread:

Valeria K. wrote:

You'll start seeing notifications when this is done on browser version of Messages starting today and in Upwork Desktop App starting next week. You and your client will also see an option to download the original file by clicking the three dots to the right of the file name and selecting “Download Original File.” In other words, you and your client will have access to the original without having to contact Customer Support.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jordon B Member Since: Jun 16, 2015
102 of 165

I'm super glad to see that Upwork has solved this issue.

Now if they could work on their tone, maybe start by sending out an email apologizing for this absolutely ridiculous policy and thanking us for bring the ridiculousness of it to their attention.  It would also go a long way in explaining things to clients so freelancers don't just look like a joke.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jacqueline P Member Since: Dec 28, 2015
103 of 165

Today for the first time pdf proofs I uploaded yesterday say they've been sanitized -- warning in orange suggests something was really wrong, if my client sees the same thing they could be concerned. Silence from the client today too, where usually they acknowledge receipt of proofs.

I did read something about this being what happens when Upwork strips the file of info they don't want on there, but also read that the warning was a bug and was fixed.

I'd like to tell my client the nice official version of what this is so they won't worry. So what should I say, as I don't officially actually know?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
104 of 165

I am also hoping it is a bug as it just popped up on when I sent a doc ... and is def. confusing.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
105 of 165

that sanitized happened yesterday with me for no reason, I told the client go get your documents yourself from google drive I gaveup upwork uploading system.

I won't risk embarrassing myself with clients again in the future.

Marvelous.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
106 of 165

Noureldin Y wrote:

that sanitized happened yesterday with me for no reason, I told the client go get your documents yourself from google drive I gaveup upwork uploading system.

No need, the client can download the original (not sanitized) file right there in the same place as the sanitized one.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
107 of 165

I had two sanitized word documents today.

So what are you doing to the file and WTH is "safelt"?

Screenshot 2019-10-01 20.32.46.png

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
108 of 165

Jennifer:

Here, I made up this definition for you:

safelt (English): word used to describe something that feels safe (but isn't necessarily safe).

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
109 of 165

I can't think what UW is doing, but for heaven's sake - not Upwork's who must be stoking coal somewhere much lower down - send your pdfs via Dropbox or similar, or your own emails.

Yes, and risk getting the little highlighted warnings from UW to tell you to keep everything onsite.  

Upwork you are truly encouraging people to circumvent.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
110 of 165

Nichola L wrote:

I can't think what UW is doing, but for heaven's sake - not Upwork's who must be stoking coal somewhere much lower down - send your pdfs via Dropbox or similar, or your own emails.

Yes, and risk getting the little highlighted warnings from UW to tell you to keep everything onsite.  

Upwork you are truly encouraging people to circumvent.

they don't need to put loads on their servers by indirect way Smiley LOL

Marvelous.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS