cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Edited* Attachment are getting Sanitized

Sarker P Member Since: Sep 6, 2019
161 of 165

Thanks Petra for your support. But If I asked my client to share his/her email address, then is not it break the upwork's terms and conditions? As I always want to keep my account safe. I wound like to continuing my freelancing without breaking upwork's terms and conditions. Hope you understand what I want to say. 

Regards!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
162 of 165

Sarker P wrote:

Thanks Petra for your support. But If I asked my client to share his/her email address, then is not it break the upwork's terms and conditions?

Absolutely not

If you upload it to google drive with a sharable link you don't even need the client's email address, but many, if not most freelancers communicate with their clients via email, slack, skype, whatever, and that is absolutely fine.

Only PAYMENTS have to go through Upwork.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
163 of 165

Hi All,

I’d like to note a recent update to the message that’s displayed when an attachment is changed for security reasons. We understand that the word “Sanitized” may have been confusing, so we’ve changed it to a more descriptive message. Please see the screenshot below:

Screenshot_2.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
164 of 165

Thank you for the clariication, Valeria.

I often send Microsoft Word files to clients with graphic items (such as Excel files or JPG files) inserted within the document's text.

Are these embedded items removed in the "sanitized" versions of the files sent to my clients?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
165 of 165

Hi Will,

Generally, malware scanning will remove embedded macros, formulas or active content that is deemed potentially malicious. If any content is removed, you'll see a notification in your Messages that looks like the one on the screenshot I shared earlier.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS