Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Edited* Attachment are getting Sanitized

Ace Contributor
Christopher H Member Since: Feb 1, 2019
31 of 165

Ok thanks Bojan,

However it makes it very difficult to bid on jobs that involve modifying existing macros when you can't see if the macro you have to modify is bady written spaghetti code or not.

Up until a few weeks ago I did not encounter this issue..I am happy even to click a disclaimer when I download the file rather than this way

Ronnie M Member Since: Aug 31, 2019
32 of 165

Thanks Bojan,

I checked but the macro in my file attachment was wiped out.

What do you suggest as a work around for this?

Thanks!

Ronnie

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
33 of 165

Hi Ronnie, 

In some cases, malware scanning will remove embedded macros, formulas, or active content that is deemed potentially malicious. If you want the original unmodified attachment, we can have the Customer Support Team contact you directly. Upwork is not responsible for any damage that may be caused by opening unmodified files transferred on Upwork.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
34 of 165

Avery O wrote:

Hi Ronnie, 

In some cases, malware scanning will remove embedded macros, formulas, or active content that is deemed potentially malicious. If you want the original unmodified attachment, we can have the Customer Support Team contact you directly. Upwork is not responsible for any damage that may be caused by opening unmodified files transferred on Upwork.

It's a nuisance having to ask CS for the file, but I have to say this worked out to my advantage on one occasion. Upwork blocked access to a file attached to a job post. I immediately asked CS for the file, and received it within 24 hours, after which I applied for the job and won it. The client told me that I was the only applicant who appeared to have seen the file. He even said that some other applicants tried to bluff, claiming they'd seen the file when they clearly hadn't!

Moustapha T Member Since: Sep 20, 2019
35 of 165

Hi i have already contact you to help me to solve a difficulty to get the source code upload on several Visual Fox Pro Projects.every time i click on the link to download the ffile joined to the customer proposition, i get a error message of upwork which say the file it not safe. I know it is only VFP source code because i have already work with the same company **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I have informed them but actually the bug still exist. Can you help me please on it. Kind regards

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
36 of 165

Hi Moustapha,

I can see that you have already opened a ticket for this and one of our team will assist you further on your ticket as soon as possible. Thank you.

Untitled
Abdul M Member Since: Feb 18, 2019
37 of 165

Sir, What is the meaning of sanitize message? When I upload a docx file it show that?

Community Guru
Noureldin Y Member Since: Sep 7, 2019
38 of 165

It means use google drive better

Marvelous.
Abdul M Member Since: Feb 18, 2019
39 of 165
Ok Sir thanks.
Ace Contributor
Shams A Member Since: Dec 26, 2018
40 of 165

Why am I getting this notice whenever I am sending files to my clients?

*The word file doesn't contain any link

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS