🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » **Edited** Is it scam or not?
Page options
81cbac8b
Community Member

**Edited** Is it scam or not?

Hello, I'm a new freelancer. I found that there is a lot of works/job ads who contain image/email/telegram contact and all of them from global publishing library. The job is about re-type from image to word & save it as a pdf, but they ask us to pay some money first and we will get payment outside upwork (with ridiculous high pay rate too). 

The only thing that I could find about them is this one:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Telegram-Edited-for-Community-Guidelines/m-p/1156424/hig...

Well, for me, it sounds like a scam, but they have a lot of job ads and I found it ridiculous too, that there was a lot of members who submit their proposal. I know that we will get the connect back if the job is cancelled, but I found it so annoying because they are everywhere & everyday.

But at least, to make a fair pov, please kindly share your experience if you had joined their job offer. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
the-right-writer
Community Member

This is a scam. Anytime, anyone wants to speak to you, pay you, or do anything with you outside of Upwork before you have a contract is a scam.

Before you are scammed again, you have work to do if you want to be a serious freelancer. First, read and follow the Terms of Service. Then read and follow this excellent advice from Wes.

Because you are new, you are a target for scammers. Read everything you can about how to be a freelancer. Upwork has many articles and videos. Don't forget to use your intuition, gut feeling, etc. If it seems off, if something doesn't feel right, be very cautious. If it sounds too good to be true - it is likely a scam. Protect yourself, because no one, including Upwork, will protect you.

thank you for your advise i know their is something wrong because they ask about money like guarantee that you gonna do the job and you are serious and when you finish they send it back to you  this is weird .

d7905970
Community Member

HI Liana

same situation as me ,i just got their email ,but i found out that they need deposit, to be honest, this kind of job ,no need any deposit, besides that ,when you look at their high rate of payment ,I am sure they are a scam 

bebo278199
Community Member

I just found them today on Upwork and contacted them directly because their email was displayed. The email address is

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

They were very quick to respond today on a Saturday and offered me a job immediately (a suspicious signal right there). Then when I saw they were charging 1,000 dollars for "processing fees" I knew immediately this is a total SCAM. This is the website. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

As you can see it has been suspended. 

The jobs from**Edited for Community Guidelines** are a total scam and they need to be reported and banned from Upwork. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members