🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » **Edited** SCAM
Page options
bebo278199
Community Member

**Edited** SCAM

I saw a company,**Edited for Community Guidelines**, supposedly from the Netherlands seeking translators, with very high pay rates. They made their email address available**Edited for Community Guidelines** and I immediately emailed them. They asked me for more info about myself and if I would be willing to work for the company on a full or part-time basis. 

Then I found out they charge applicants a 1,000 dollar "processing fee". I knew right away this was a SCAM. I checked their website and saw it has been suspended: Account Suspended **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I wish the authorities could track the physical address of whoever is using this email address**Edited for Community Guidelines** and have them put in jail. 

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Scammers don't actually work for any of the companies that they say they work for, because they're scammers - they don't have a job. So reporting a company that probably knows nothing about this is not allowed. You can spot scammers by their behaviour, not by whatever name they're using, and I guarantee you that "the authorities" aren't going to be able to find this person. Learn how to protect yourself, because this isn't going to be the first scammer that you encounter. https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

deborah-ponzio
Community Member

Job posts which include contact details should be flagged and, in any case, be aware that if you contact a job poster out of the platform before you enter in a contract, you breach Upwork's TOS and also expose yourself to the risk of being scammed.

8147490e
Community Member

Hello I saw this SCAM post,Beware I also saw a job in Upworkand they are from "Publishers Global", He is asking for $50 fee for the employee ID Card. I just think it is also  SCAMMED.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi John,

I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members