🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » **Edited for Community Guidelines** is a Scam...
Page options
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines** is a Scammer!!!

Guys, do NOT accept proposals from **Edited for Community Guidelines**! He's a Telegram Scammer pretending to be part of **Edited for Community Guidelines**. He asks for an insurance fee from us to work with us. Fortunately, I researched the company and they say they don't post jobs on sites like freelance.com. Here are the screenshots I took from my interactions with him. Keep your eyes open, don't be scammed! Also, how do I officially report this guy to Upwork??

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Thanks for posting this but the info about the scammer will soon be removed because it violates community guidelines, even though it would help other freelancers from getting scammed.

Really? I can't give information on a Scammer?

Nope. I'm surprised it hasn't been removed already. More than likely, you will soon be asked to send that info privately so Upwork can look into it.

ericaandrews
Community Member

Luckily, I already took a screenshot of that scammer's name / company because I know Upwork will remove it.   I'll definitely avoid.

On another note, YOU offering to contact the person on Telegram and/or Whatsapp is also an UW Terms of Service violation on your end.  You might want to avoid doing that again, and or at least don't 'take a picture' and document yourself violating the TOS in the future.

NikolaS

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Please know that a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork’s Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

Please check this post for the freelancer resources and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. 

Feel free to also check this page for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members