🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » **Edited for Community Guidelines**
Page options
5a3eabfa
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hey, I was looking for freelancing work about a month ago, and came across this company**Edited for Community Guidelines** they asked me for 50 USD as a security deposit, and gave me the job, after submission they are asking for 200 USD more just for linking the account.

And now they dont seem to reply about anything, and have taken the cash from me, this was very disappointing considering I was on upwork for the first time, I really hope your team looks into this, and gives a positive response, and hopefully also figure out a way to get my money back.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
elisa_b
Community Member

You have been scammed and won't get your money back. Had you read carefully terms and conditions, you would have known that freelancers are not supposed to pay clients, it's the other way round. This is a very common scam and no payments are allowed outside of Upwork platform. Please read ToS before engaging with another "client".

759e32fa

Hi Likhit,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If a client asks you to pay any fees before starting a contract, asks you to work without a contract in place in Upwork, or if you encounter any suspicious user activity, please send us a flag and we'll take appropriate actions based on our internal processes. Please be reminded as well that it is against our Terms of Service to communicate outside Upwork prior to a contract starting.

You may want to check out this thread from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths