Did you mean: 

*Edited* is down again.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
1 of 16

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Bad gateway

The web server reported a bad gateway error.

• Ray ID: 4296158bdb08a863
  • Your IP address: *******
  • Error reference number: 502
  • Cloudflare Location: Paris
-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
charles_kozierok
Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
2 of 16

Rene.. you are usually so calm, leaving the salty stuff to people like me.

Everything okay bud?

FWIW the site seems okay here but was out for around a half hour about two hours ago. Maybe it's a rolling blackout, lol.

versailles
Community Guru
3 of 16

@Charles K wrote:

Everything okay bud?

Not at all. I was hooking an Amazon fake review idjit when the frak got down. Thanks Crom, they fixed it so I could pull the info I needed from the idjit client and send everything to Amazon and flag the job.

😀

-----------
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
4 of 16

@Rene K wrote:

A piece of rusty s****.

Stop hiring $5/hour developers Upwork and fix your site. Seriously. Your IT sucks to a point it is unbelievable.

Bad gateway

The web server reported a bad gateway error.

• Ray ID: 4296158bdb08a863
  • Your IP address: *******
  • Error reference number: 502
  • Cloudflare Location: Paris

Yeah, I couldn't get to my account page awhile ago, but it seems to be back up now.

Agree, Rene - it sucks, and it is getting to be a bit much. Site was down Saturday ... another day for someone to mess things up royally.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 16

Hi Rene and others,

We had some technical issues earlier today and they have since been fixed. If you continue experiencing issues still, please let us know which page gives you the error.

I understand it's frustrating not being able to access the site and we'll make the team aware of the Community's sentiment regarding it. However, please make sure you are mindful of the Community Guidelines when posting on these boards.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
logogeeks
David M Member Since: Dec 26, 2016
6 of 16

Valeria,

It IS unfortunate the site is going down like this...

You have 4 hour blocks of downtime when you upgrade and perform maintanence on the website; maintanence for all intents and purposes is so that you don't have issues like this.

I was in the middle of dealing with clients also..

I would think the 20% that comes out of our paycheck would be more than enough for these "upgrades" to be handled discretely.

I'm not ranting; but it's needful sometimes that we voice concerns so that things may improve when enough of us do so.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

~Dave

versailles
Community Guru
7 of 16

And again, who the frak switch their whole website down for maintenance nowadays? Especially for hours!

It's not the year 2K anymore.

-----------
mtngigi
Community Guru
8 of 16

@Rene K wrote:

And again, who the frak switch their whole website down for maintenance nowadays? Especially for hours!

It's not the year 2K anymore.

That's the $64,000 question, isn't it?

But seriously, this should not be happening with the regularity it's been happening (or at all). This past Saturday was the third Saturday I could not get to my message room with a client - within the last month and a half. I don't want to do the math for the odds/percentages, but that seems, and most likely is, excessive.

I wish someone would answer Rene's question as to why a whole website has to be shut down for "maintenance" What is it exactly they're spending so much time "maintaining"? And why doesn't whatever it is they claim to be doing fixing things?

logogeeks
David M Member Since: Dec 26, 2016
9 of 16

Virginia,

the correct way to address changes on a website is to have a mirror of said side in a sandbox environment and make sure all changes work there.. then implement them "live" or with a 15 minute downtime.

I can't begin to tell you how Upwork implements their changes so I'm not going to speculate.. but to answer that question.. the whole site doesn't have to go down.

~Dave

mtngigi
Community Guru
10 of 16

@David M wrote:

Virginia,

the correct way to address changes on a website is to have a mirror of said side in a sandbox environment and make sure all changes work there.. then implement them "live" or with a 15 minute downtime.

I can't begin to tell you how Upwork implements their changes so I'm not going to speculate.. but to answer that question.. the whole site doesn't have to go down.

~Dave

Ordinarily I would say "thanks, that's good to know". But now hearing that the whole site does not have to be shut down, from someone I assume knows what he's talking about .... well, that makes it even worse!

Perhaps you can open a ticket with your sandbox instructions to be passed along to the people that don't know how to do that.  Smiley Frustrated

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS