lisatola

*Edited*

This client just posted a job. I believe it was flagged inappropriate. Does that mean it is a scam?

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter

re: "This client just posted a job. I believe it was flagged inappropriate. Does that mean it is a scam?"

Often, yes, it means it's a scam.

But not always.

Sometimes jobs are NOT scams, but are nevertheless not allowed by current Upwork ToS. Upwork allows many types of jobs, but not all types of jobs.

A job might even be taken down because it is posted in any language other than a small handful of allowed job posting languages. There are lots of reasons a job might be taken down.

I have posted about 50 jobs.

A couple of them got flagged as inappropriate by automated filters and/or inexperienced Upwork operatives with limited English language ability. I had used wording that got caught in the filters. I changed the wording slightly, and was able to post the job and hire freelancers.

kat303

Either it was a some type of scame or contained inappropriate material. Either way it violated Upwork's TOS and was taken down.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lisa, 

I can confirm that the job you are referring to has been removed from the marketplace and actions have been taken against the client's account. Please, stop communicating with them.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork