Page options
iamirin
Community Member

**Edited**

Hello
please, say Me
I had a fixed price job divided into 2 steps
I passed stage 1 and got money
I also went through stage 2 and submitted the work, but the customer does not respond
What to do in this case?

4 REPLIES 4
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

If you used the "submit work" button and if the second milestone was funded, the client has 14 days to approve or request changes.  If they do nothing, you will automatically be paid.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irin, 

To add to Mary's response, you may want to check out these helpful articles I have linked below to help you get paid on fixed-price contracts, help you stay protected through our fixed-price protection program, and learn how your earnings are processed, and more information about withdrawing your earnings: 

I hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Like Mary said, you'll get your $$$ in 14 days of your submission.

Just sharing some info for you to understand the reason. There are two types of clients who end up in this stage (=not replying, but the system takes care of the payment after 14 days).

1) Those who are constantly busy with something and the main reason for them to outsource the work to you was that they didn't have the time to do it. This means, of course, that if you're an affordable option to them, you're a good option. Maybe you want to keep the connection, maybe you don't.

2) Those who have no clue about anything. They have no grasp of their own business whatsoever, they just need someone else to patch up things they couldn't do themselves. These are the people you hope to get no reply from. Get paid, close the project yourself, and forget them. Might also consider blocking them to avoid future encounters.

Hope this helps.
petra_r
Community Member

Irin D wrote:

I had a fixed price job divided into 2 steps
I passed stage 1 and got money
I also went through stage 2 and submitted the work, but the customer does not respond
What to do in this case?

Was stage 2 funded as a milestone and did you submit through the "Submit for payment" function on the milestone? 

In that case, as the others said, you get paid 14 days after you clicked on "Submit for payment" if the client does not reappear.

If the second milestone was NOT funded, you won't get paid unless the client comes back and pays you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths