🐈 Community

*Edited*

Has anyone worked for a client called **Edited for Community Guidelines**?  Their interview seems very fake, almost a phishing scam.  They want to send me a company check for me to cash and then buy equipment with the money to work for them.  

3 REPLIES 3
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sheila,

I checked and the job and the client you are referring to have already been actioned by Upwork team. Please, make sure you don't accept payments outside of Upwork from clients you met on the platform and check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Valeria
Upwork
barada00

Please search "cash check" on the search bar above...

check.jpg

Sheila:

I'm glad that you figured out that these people were scammers before wasting too much time with them or sending them your money.

In the future, please don't hesitate to come here to the Forum if you have questions about a job or client.

But keep in mind that you are now allowed to name clients like you did (before a Moderator removed the name).

Names of clients don't matter. If you do not yet understand why we do not name clients like that, and why names don't matter, please go ahead and do more reading in the Forum on this topic, or ask any remaining questions that you have.

Learning Paths