🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » **Edited**
Page options
m_pobric
Community Member

**Edited**

I got a job finished and redone because of a lack of explanation and all a day before deadline because I pulled an all nighter. Well the dear client used a lot of nice words but payed in escrow only 10$ And add as a remaining to pay up is 60$. Anyway, never got payed a dime and the only reason I got is I must wait a bit, that was two months ago.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

If there was $10 funded in escrow, you were only supposed to do $10 worth of work.

A client is NOT OBLIGATED to pay you ANY money that was not funded in escrow. Upwork will not help you get money that was not funded in escrow.

If you want to ask the client to send you more money (through the Upwork platform), you are technically allowed to do so.

I wouldn't.

But you are allowed to do so.

But that is a matter between you and the client, not Upwork.

What I PERSONALLY suggest is to simply learn from your mistake and not make the same mistake again in the future.

I have a phrase for someone who owes me money for work I did two months ago:
"A person who does not owe me money."

If an additional $60 WAS funded in escrow, then of course as soon as you finished that task you should have clicked the "Submit Work and Request Payment" button. If the client then did NOTHING at all, then you would have received the money automatically - 6 weeks ago.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marijan,

If the client has simply stopped responding but the milestone was funded in escrow, then the client has a period of 14 days from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you.

You don't want to submit the work more than once, since this resets the clock back to the beginning and you will have to wait 14 days from your most recent submission for the funds to be released if the client does not take action on their end. You can have a look at this article about Fixed-Price Protection for more information.

Upwork Fixed-Price Protection only covers funds that have been placed in Escrow. That's why we always recommend that freelancers don't start working on the task if a milestone for it hasn't been funded. You can, however, continue communicating with the client directly and ask them to either fund the milestone or pay you the remaining money via a bonus.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members