Page options
smartglobe
Community Member

Edited

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Jamiu I wrote:

At the moment, freelancers either hide all earnings or show all. Only two types of freelancers are served with such two options. There exists the third type of freelancers that want to hide some earnings and leave some. 

Considering that hiding the earnings is pointless at best (as clients you apply to or work with can still see all earnings in exactly the same was as before) and harmful at worst /because it serves as a deterrent to invites and eliminates the freelancer from certain searches, the very last thing that would be needed is a "selective" way to hide earnings as clients would simply wonder what the freelancer is trying to hide...

There is an option that allows a freelancer to hide all earnings completely, right?

An option that allows a freelancer (Top-Rated) to hide a feedback.

An option that allows a freelancer to change their availability.

An option that allows a freelancer to change their profile to Private.

All these options can affect a freelancer's ability to get a new client!

What's important is that every freelancer should be allowed to decide which choice works best for them coz ultimately, what's "pointless at best" for one freelancer is good for another. Perhaps some freelancers are not even interested in working for a client that has worries about freelancers' decision to hide earnings on some projects.

Jamiu I wrote:

There is an option that allows a freelancer to hide all earnings completely, right?

No. Not from clients you apply to or work with or have worked with. As I said: They still see all the earnings.

Same can apply to the option of hiding earnings on a few contracts.

Hiding some earnings and not others would just make people think that you're undercharging some clients and overcharging others. It wouldn't really be hiding anything.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members