🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Editing and proofreading- Newbie
Page options
59880b7f
Community Member

Editing and proofreading- Newbie

The client sent me some documents and said to do the editing and proofreading in the next 3 hours, which I accepted. I opened the documents, which were too long (14, 23, 38 pages), and started to work. Later, the client sends me a message that the translation needed to be different from a machine translation. However, with the limited time and limited budget of the job, there was only much I could do. I edited and proofread serious errors, read the text to flow, etc., but some of the text was readable and ok, so made no changes. The client wants a review, but now I am wondering if the client needs someone to do the translation for them with little money, or if this is a valid practice. Thanks. 

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You made some assumptions before accepting the job, such as that it would be a quick job. It turned out that it wasn't. That is why it is highly recommended to see all the files BEFORE you accept. You avoid a lot of trouble by this simple but effective practise. 

There are all kinds of clients, so it is impossible to say what the client's intention was. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members