🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Editor - trying to add to list of completed p...
Page options
0fdb3c22
Community Member

Editor - trying to add to list of completed projects

I am an experienced editor. I worked with Upwork a bit some years ago, and now I am ready to fully engage with the platform. My web page has a lengthy list of books I have edited. But on Upwork, I see only ten or so of those books -- apparently a random selection, and I have no idea how I added them to my Upwork profile years ago.  I have been trying to add additional books - but I seem to be creating "projects" - each of which requires some sort of image.  How do I add my editorial experience to my profile?  

9 REPLIES 9
tlbp
Community Member

Are you referring to your "portfolio" that appears on your profile page, or some other element of the page? 

0fdb3c22
Community Member

Portfolio. I see a few of my books there, but I have no idea why (or how)
those particular books arrived on the profile. And when I click the + to
add more (and hopefully reorder them), I find that I am creating a project,
which requires at least one image. And I do not have images!

Dorothy D wrote:

Projects and the portfolio are two different things. Projects are a new feature that allows freelancers to sell packaged services to clients.

On my side, I'm able to go to my profile, and navigate down to my portfolio items. I'm seeing an edit and delete button for each portfolio item.

I don't know if you're seeing the same.

Dorothy D wrote:

They don't magically appear, you must have added them at some point. 

It would be good to have pictures on your portfolio items. Simply because they grab attention, which is your goal when a potential client looks at your profile. It could be anything, a book cover, a related picture, as long as you have permission to use it. 

Martina P wrote:

Dorothy D wrote:

It would be good to have pictures on your portfolio items. Simply because they grab attention, which is your goal when a potential client looks at your profile. It could be anything, a book cover, a related picture, as long as you have permission to use it. 

Pictures are helpful, even for writers' portfolios? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I thought prospective clients would be more text-oriented.

Robert Y wrote:

Martina P wrote:

Dorothy D wrote:

Pictures are helpful, even for writers' portfolios? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I thought prospective clients would be more text-oriented.

Nah. Nothing like an attention-grabbing picture. We are attracted to colorful images, and especially images of people. It creates an instant connection. Just human nature. 

tlbp
Community Member

Dorothy D wrote:

You may be able to add a project/item to your portfolio without including an image. But, it has been a long time since I added a portfolio item, so I'm not familiar with the new interface. Have you tried choosing a different template once you are in the portfolio addition dashboard? Can you leave the image upload section blank or does that prevent you from moving forward through the process? 

0fdb3c22
Community Member

I go to my portfolio, which includes ten (apparently random) listings of books I have edited.  I click the + sign to add another entry.  The response from Upwork is 

Add portfolio project

I do not want to add a project!  I just want to add more books.  I have tried several views of the Portfolio - same result.  I always land on the "Add portfolio project" page, where an image is required.

Thanks for trying to help, I'm frustrated!

Dorothy D wrote:

I go to my portfolio, which includes ten (apparently random) listings of books I have edited.  I click the + sign to add another entry.  The response from Upwork is 

Add portfolio project

I do not want to add a project!  I just want to add more books.  I have tried several views of the Portfolio - same result.  I always land on the "Add portfolio project" page, where an image is required.

Thanks for trying to help, I'm frustrated!

Disregard that they call it a project. It's still a portfolio item. Again, pictures are your friend! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members