cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Educational degree does not exist in drop down menu in profile

Louise L Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
1 of 32

I have asked upwork to fix this, but they suggested posting it here to also look for a solution.

As part of creating my profile, as you all know, you are asked about your education: as I am studying to become a nurse I looked for the degree which will be conferred, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.ScN) It does not exist on the list.

I have resorted to explaining my specialization in the comments.

What solutions have you found so that your education would be accurately reflected? 

Community Guru
Daniel C Member Since: Nov 21, 2010
2 of 32

You could put it in your portfolio if you want to make it stand out.  Find some graphic that represents your field of study, or hire someone on Upwork to make a quick graphic for you.

I used to do this on Elance because it makes certifications stand out as a graphic. If you just want to make it stand out and the Portfolio is the best way to do that.

Sampath B Member Since: Jan 9, 2018
3 of 32

Hi, is upwork only for degree holders? or anyone with practical experience? please solve my problem.   

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 32

Hi Sampath,

Check out this Page for more info on what we do. For help getting started and tips on getting work, check out this great guide,Upwork is not only for degree holders but will definitely help you to have one.

Untitled
Amy H Member Since: Feb 11, 2016
5 of 32

I'm having the same problem

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 32

Hi Louise and Amy,

You should be able to select Nursing in the aAea of Study field:

Screenshot_3.png

I hope it's helpful.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Matthew J Member Since: Jun 11, 2016
7 of 32

I have the same problem, Louise, as I have a Masters in Library and Information Science, and frankly the drop-down menu is pretty sparse - doesn't have this, your degree, or quite a few others I can think of.  Yes, we can list this in our profile, but if the customer doesn't see anything listed under Educational Experience on the menu, what are the chances they are going to hire us?  They might think something is fishy.  I have thought of offering to post my resume only to those looking to hire, but I'm not sure what the protocols are for this.  Anyway, it is a definite problem, and I'm sure we aren't alone.

Stuart G Member Since: Jun 20, 2016
8 of 32

I got a Diploma in Project Management, and I can´t post it. The "Other" option helps, but hides the actual degree.

L M J Member Since: Sep 4, 2016
9 of 32

I have a Masters in Design which is also not available from the drop down list.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 32

Hi L M J,

You can add Design as your Area of Study:

Screenshot_1.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS