Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Effect of contract inactivity to Job Success

ntelitsyna
Nataliia T Member Since: Nov 25, 2015
11 of 41

Dear Valeria,

Thanks a lot! But if I do this myself, my rating can be down, yes? It's too risque for me, reallySmiley Sad

Please, tell me, what I can do if my rating will down after this. Will the technical support help me regain my rating? (Now my SJ is 99%).

Thank you!

Best,

Nataliia

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 41

Nataliia,

You closing the contract yourself doesn't directly affect your JSS. Contracts with no feedback may affect your JSS if there is a pattern of such contracts. Since pretty much all of your contracts were closed with feedback, these two contracts shouldn't have significant effect on your JSS.

~ Valeria
Upwork
obosa
Kingsley I Member Since: Dec 22, 2019
13 of 41
This case is similar to mine. I have open contracts for about 2 or 3 months. I have been contacting clients yet they are not responding. I am suspecting that this is the reason why my JSS went down drastically. Please help. Thank You!
luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
14 of 41

Hi Kingsley,

Thanks for reaching out. This is correct, inactive contracts do have an impact in your JSS. Feel free to take a look at this help article for more details on JSS changes. In addition to this, while it's typically best to wait for the client to end the contract, if after trying to communicate with your client they are still unresponsive, you may want to consider ending the contract on your own. Here's a help article that explains how to end your contract. 

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
obosa
Kingsley I Member Since: Dec 22, 2019
15 of 41
Thank you Luggi for your response. I have ended most of these contracts because they were in some numbers. My question now is; "Is there a possibility of my JSS rising from 88% to 100% again? I got my top rated badge as an upworker in few months of joining, which was an achievement to me. But all of a sudden. Thank You!
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 41

Ramon, I would ask the client to release $ 1.00 from escrow, that will restart the 3 month clock and also make the contract active again, so no neg effect on your JSS

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
17 of 41

Petra, how does one ask for release of funds from escrow?

I thought there were no miscellaneous invoices, and that the only way to ask for payment was to mark a milestone as completed.

Thanks and best,

MIchael

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
18 of 41

@Petra R wrote:

Ramon, I would ask the client to release $ 1.00 from escrow, that will restart the 3 month clock and also make the contract active again, so no neg effect on your JSS

This is no way to run a business but Upwork rules force us to do so.

It is ludicrious to ask a client to release $1 and yet that's the only solution.

I think I need to go away for awhile as this site just makes me angrier and more frustrated than is considered normal. 

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
19 of 41

Tasos,

There is no reason to open a new contract before there is work at hand; depending on a number of variables, some of them outside your control, such a contract could lower your JSS.

Best,
Michael

marcyscreed
Community Guru
Maria Marilyn M Member Since: Oct 27, 2010
20 of 41

How about hourly based contracts with no activity at all? I've already contacted the clients but they wanted to keep it open for future tasks. It's been months since they paused the contract though. Shall I close the contracts or wait a while longer? 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS