Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Effect of contract inactivity to Job Success

millermelanie
Community Guru
Melanie M Member Since: Jul 13, 2016
41 of 41

I just don't get what is so hard to understand about the fact that there is no correlation between a long term open contract and a contractor's success.  If anything, an open contract should RAISE one's score since it possibly indicates that the client doesn.'t want to cut their freelancer loose.

And what's with the "double secret probation" stuff and withholding information?  How can you tell someone, you must hit this mark to win, but we are going to hide the mark so you just have to keep making shots in the dark and hope you hit it?  I can't tell my students we are going to have a test and leave them wondering what it will be over.  Hmmmmm . . .  might be about the reading we have been doing, or it might be a grammar test, or a vocabulary test, or a punctuation test . . .   We'll see when I pass it out.

I have no idea how I would use such information to scam the system.  I'm not that smart.  Thank goodness my clients are pretty clear in their instructions and don't expect me to read their minds.  At least they ANSWER MY QUESTIONS when I ask for clarification or explanation!  UpWork should do no less than they and we expect of the clients in that regard.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS