🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Egypt IBAN Problem
Page options
oaly
Community Member

Egypt IBAN Problem

I have added my bank account details normally when I first signed up and it worked normally. 

All of a sudden Egypt new IBAN update came on and I need to remove and re add my bank details which I happily did but the problem is the system keeps saying There is something wrong with my info. 

The actual problem I believe is that upwork is unable to identify the swift code of my branch of NBE (National Bank of Egypt)

I am very sure through goolging and by contacting the bank's support that my swift code of my branch is **Edited for Community Guidelines** and it is even in my account number (033) and in my IBAN (033)

Since upwork didn't identify it, I tried the next best thing which is the nearest branch to my branch. Luckly upwork is able to recognize it, but still denies my request because it doesn't match my IBAN or my Account number!

Please advise!
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Osama,

Please refer to the information shared with you on your ticket with number 29305059. Feel free to follow up directly there with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Osama,

Please refer to the information shared with you on your ticket with number 29305059. Feel free to follow up directly there with any additional questions you may have and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

What I am saying is, I can't do the information given in the ticket number. Can you please read my post again? Thanks

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Osama,

Unfortunately we can't discuss private details publicly in the Community. Please follow up directly on your ticket and our team will assist you further with setting up your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mariomedhat
Community Member

Hi Osama,

It's the same branch as mine (Olympic branch?)

I just entered the swift code of the main NBE branch and added the address manually of the Olympic branch then I received payments correctly. 

Hi Mario, 
Did you use wire transfer ? if yes , did you fill out the field of account number with IBAN or just the account number as before ? 

According to the instructions of the Central Bank of Egypt, the IBAN will be started In all domestic and international transfers to and from your account.

As Upwork Doesn't support IBAN field yet, Is it ok to fill IBAN in the Account Number field?

Did you get to know an answer for your question ? 

Hi Yehia,

I checked your account, and it looks like one of our agents is already assisting you via chat regarding your concern with your IBAN. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
yehiar
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 
I actually haven't got a solution yet regarding the IBAN thing

Hi Yehia,

I'm sorry about that. I'll follow-up with the team, and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Yehia,

I entered the account number as before (Takes 2 or 3 days). I will give the IBAN a try once Upwork confirms that we can enter it instead of the account number.

oaly
Community Member

Hi Mario,

Yes it is the olympic Branch and I have already handled the issue. Thanks for your concern and since we're both from Maadi and are both on upwork maybe we should connect on Facebook or something 😄

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths