Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elance Import - missing projects and reviews

Highlighted
Daniel R Member Since: Mar 28, 2016
1 of 11

Hello to all,

I have an issue with my stats import from Elance and this is probably impacting my Job Success Score.

For some reason, a portion of my projects were left off and not properly imported from Elance to UpWork. Consequentially, a portion of great reviews and excelent job experiences are not being accounted. 

I currently have a 93% Job Success Score, but I believe if all of my track-record were imported, I'd be above 99.0%.

Does someone else have this problem? What could be done by UpWork to resolve this issue?

Thank you,
Daniel

Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 11

This is the first time that I encountered a freelancer who has worked on 26 projects for 5 hours only.  I can't help but be impressed.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 11

Hi Juvy, 

I just want to clarify that the reason that he has only worked for 5-hours in his profile is because most of his projects are fixed-priced. Hope that clarifies things!

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
4 of 11

Thanks, Avery. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
5 of 11

@Avery O wrote:

I just want to clarify that the reason that he has only worked for 5-hours in his profile is because most of his projects are fixed-priced. Hope that clarifies things!

Hi Avery,

I was looking at Daniel's profile and truly a shame there isnt an option to "translate" fixed jobs into number of hours. Especially for those profiles migrated from Elance where hourly jobs were not so popular vs. people who worked on Odesk and have thousands of hours logged at $0.5/hour. Just saying....

Edit to add:

Another thought, even for fixed price jobs clients ask how many hours it will take to finish the job + the hourly rate, for future reference.

For fixed price jobs it can be implemented on the proposal page input fields for hourly rate + estimated hours to complete the job that can be counted as hours worked.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 11

Hi Daniel, 

While looking at your profile, I can see that all of your past projects in Elance were migrated successfully to your Upwork account. 

Please take note that a low Job Success Score may be attributed to any of the following - poor private or public feedback, jobs that end without payment or feedback, open jobs without spend or the occurrence of refunds or disputes.

Because we look at trends over a 24-month period, you can see your score change, even without recently closed contracts, due to past jobs slipping out of the 24-month window. You’ll likely see your score go up as good feedback, rehires and long-term relationships -clients paying you for more than 3 months at a time - are added to your work record.

Your profile is great, Daniel and it wouldn't be long until you have a 100% JSS.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
7 of 11

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Daniel, 

While looking at your profile, I can see that all of your past projects in Elance were migrated successfully to your Upwork account.

Are you sure?

Work History and Feedback 526 jobs vs. 735 jobs (right side). 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 11

Hi All,

Also, note that unlike on Elance jobs where no money was paid are not displayed on public profile and rehires for the same job by the same client are displayed as one job.

Daniel, I also have sent you a private message with some additional steps you need to take to complete the migration of your Work History to Upwork.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Himanshu M Member Since: Jul 23, 2017
9 of 11

I am facing same issue please help

Highlighted
Sandhya H Member Since: Apr 24, 2020
10 of 11

Please help with past projects and reviews. Though I had given the permission to migrate, other than profile, nothing else shows up

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS