Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elance Skills Tests improvements badly needed

blastofflabs
Community Guru
Steve B Member Since: Jul 1, 2015
11 of 14

The tests on Google AdWords are so bad, they are almost a contrary indicator.  Many of the answers are wrong, and whoever wrote them clearly doesn't know a lot about AdWords.  

When I see the candidates who score 100% on them, I know who the cheaters are!

d_meyerson
Danni M Member Since: Mar 31, 2016
12 of 14

ok...so I'm not the only one...

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
13 of 14

Danni,

You can get an idea from the 'details' next to your scores. However, even if a zillion other Italian speakers scored higher than 4.75% (???!) for Upwork to show the 'below average' orange bar, is inadmissable, which by the way, you ought to remove until things change, because despite the excellent score, the "below average" is all a future client is likely to look at, or will assume that you will accept a job that pays peanuts.

(And slightly OT -  for the same reasons as above, if you set yourself up as a translator your target language(s) should be marked at least, as fluent.)

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
14 of 14

@Nichola L wrote:

Danni,

You can get an idea from the 'details' next to your scores. However, even if a zillion other Italian speakers scored higher than 4.75% (???!) for Upwork to show the 'below average' orange bar, is inadmissable, which by the way, you ought to remove until things change, because despite the excellent score, the "below average" is all a future client is likely to look at, or will assume that you will accept a job that pays peanuts.

I'm not sure if I understand why you think Upwork shouldn't show the below average bar. Although she did well on the test, according to everyone else who did the test, she was below average. That's just the way it is--she did not perform as well on the test as other people.

She should probably hide the score, take the test again in a month and see if she does better.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS