Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elance client - feedback expired??

oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
1 of 8

So yesterday I received an invite. The client's profile page doesn't show his rating and doesn't show a single feedback left by freelancers. Contacted CS asking how I was supposed to know who the client was if I couldn't see what feedback freelancers had left. The agent said this was an Elance client and there seemed to be an issue with displaying feedback from Elance jobs; he would provide an update. The update came this morning, informing me that the feedback was not showing because they have already expired and that feedback from Elance that has expired will no longer be posted on Upwork.

As anyone heard anything similar?? Is this happening to other Elance clients? And if it, does Upwork really expect us, freelancers, to accept to work with these clients when we know nothing about them???

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2 of 8

How can feedback expire? Does this mean that the thousands of Elance migrants will lose their feedback - clients and freelancers?

I have seen some client profiles where everything is marked private, and I have assumed it is an ex Elance client, because they could set their jobs/prices/hires to private.

oquintela
Community Guru
3 of 8

@Nichola L wrote:

[…]

I have seen some client profiles where everything is marked private, and I have assumed it is an ex Elance client, because they could set their jobs/prices/hires to private.

Nichola, I've seen those as well. But this client shows a list with job titles, name of freelancer, a couple of ratings (only stars; no comment) he left for freelancers and that's it - in more than 40 jobs.

liablanchard
Ace Contributor
Lia B Member Since: Nov 29, 2015
4 of 8

Olga, I have the same issue. There were no other obvious red flags and the job was decent, so I've applied and have an interview scheduled for tomorrow. I'm not too worried, but I definitely have the same issue and questions as you do.

Vladimir, while you're looking into it, I have a related question: does this Elance carryover bug affect the total showing as "amount spent" by the client? My proposal page says that the client I am interviewing with has spent over $93,000, but in looking at his history, I can't account for anywhere near that dollar amount. Perhaps some jobs have "expired" in some way but are still included in the dollar amount total...? Thanks.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 8

Hi Olga,

I'll take a look and follow up with an update.

Untitled
oquintela
Community Guru
6 of 8

Thanks, Vladimir!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 8

Hi Olga,

We had the team check the client's account on Elance and Upwork and it looks like the client hasn't received feedback from freelancers he hired on Elance and therefore it didn't carry over to Upwork.

By "expired" the agent meant that the option to provide feedback on those Elance contracts is not availbale anymore. Sorry about the confusion.

~ Valeria
Upwork
oquintela
Community Guru
8 of 8

Ok, thanks for looking into this, Valeria!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS