cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elance front page misspelling...

Community Leader
Aaron H Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
1 of 11

Just a heads up, the word "handles" on the Elance front page should be "handled". Your professionalism is a reflection on me, Upwork, and you aren't winning any awards in that category right now.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the note. We're aware of this and will amend the typo shortly.

Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
3 of 11

They are probably spining text Smiley Happy

My english isnt great but  "Kickoff projects in hours"? ...  maybe "Kickoff projects within hours" ... or "Kickoff projects in 3 hours"  

Secure online workplace to kickoff projects within hours.

"Instant matching"  .... "Instant Connection" (when I read matching I think of dating)

Advanced features to help clients connect with top freelancers. Find the ideal professional for your projects.

"Easy collaboration" + "Simple payment" ... why not "Secure payment"

Get innovative payment protection with Upwork's billing and payments system.

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
4 of 11

"why not "Secure payment""

Why not "Slow payment"?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Claudia Z Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
5 of 11

Ehhh Fergus! Because the client payments are processed right away?

Community Guru
6 of 11

It's not processed until it's in my bank!

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
7 of 11

@Claudia Z wrote:

They are probably spining text Smiley Happy

My english isnt great but  "Kickoff projects in hours"? ...  maybe "Kickoff projects within hours" ... or "Kickoff projects in 3 hours"  

Secure online workplace to kickoff projects within hours.

"Instant matching"  .... "Instant Connection" (when I read matching I think of dating)

Get innovative payment protection with Upwork's billing and payments system.

Claudia,

Your English (unlike Upwork's) has never raised this copy editor's eyebrow. I agree "within" is better; "in" is arguably OK. However: "Kick off," unless they're talking about American football.

I'm guessing that for better or for worse (ha!), they exactly mean matching.

Alas, the only innovation I can see in Upwork's payment protection is that it seems to stretch the definition of "escrow" beyond all recognition. Technocrats like to stress that things are "innovative." Users are usually more interested in things being functional.

Repeated pleas to Upwork/Elance to tighten up their copy editing—most especially in their periodic announcements of new disruptions—have so far fallen on deaf ears.

Best,

Michael

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
8 of 11

...because they probably presume that if you pay somebody a few dollars to write something, then that includes proofreading and copy-editing in the price - how many times do we see that?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 11

The spelling error proves that Upwork is better than Elance.

Community Guru
10 of 11

Elance didn't have any spelling errors at all until it became an Upwork company. Also Garnor and Vlad came round all our houses every Friday to bring us beer and pretzels. Now they just grouch in the forums. So Elance was a million million million times better than Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS