cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elance still alive?

Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
1 of 5

After a long time today I just checked the Elance site. To my surprise, I can see still there are some projects been posted by some old customers and some freelancers are bidding there.

Is it allowed for some clients only to post the projects there?

Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
2 of 5

I think they announced that at the end of May ,2016 they shut down the platform and they said now clients can't post new jobs but still their new job posts and clients are hiring and freelancers are still bidding.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 5

Hi Ramesh,

A small segment of clients are still in the process of moving over from Elance and Upwork and can still post jobs. Majority of client are not able to post jobs, however.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 5

I logged in out of curiosity a couple of months ago. It's pretty dead. Even my die-hard Elance customers finally moved over.

I really wouldn't suggest doing anything over there. They aren't going to care much if payments failed or they shut down and you can't get transactions for taxes or whatever. Anything goes wrong and they will be like "Elance who?" lol

Community Guru
Muhammad I Member Since: Dec 19, 2015
5 of 5

Well, now most of the clients are just using freelancers, get the job done and block you CC or PayPal account. There are no more payments and elance isn't in mood of handling lot of disputes in a day they know all are just trying to get some benefits from dead.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS