cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elance v Upwork - no contest for me, Elance wins by a mile

Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
51 of 87

Well I know one thing. I have never had so many issues with a platform site before since I started using Upworks more. I have had a few clients try to scam me,  I am having issues where the client messaged me, his icon and name are there and time, but I can't see what he said so I can't communicate with him. The prices are so low in the design section and it is just peanuts for what people are asking for in comparison to elance. I have never had so many issues on elance. 

Elance is a much better platform. I don't understand the reason for getting rid of something that is working well and merging it with something that has many more issues. 

Ace Contributor
Anil N Member Since: Aug 21, 2013
52 of 87

Hello Rachel,

Each and very point on your post is valid and shows a good understanding of what is really going on.

I have posted similar feedback via the ticket system in the hope that it would reach the right hands quickly, but I am afraid nobody is listening. "The users know not" seems to be the Upwork motto.

I get the feeling like the service is being dismantled as against being improved. I sincerely hope that I am wrong. It is time for someone, who can see the situation like most of us do, takes charge.

Regards,

Anil

Ergun K Member Since: Aug 3, 2015
53 of 87

I totally agree with Rachel.

I just noticed that, in Upwork, you can't even edit your proposal after you sent! (%99 i will not be awarded because of i can't slightly edit 1 little sentence i wrote.). See https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Edit-proposal-after-applying-to-a-job/m-p/3657 (The worst thing is, there are some freelancers [Upwork fans?] are convinced that these weird problems/lacks are normal. Robot Frustrated). Everyday i notice somethings weird like this on Upwork Robot Sad.

I suppose there is someone behind all of these who deadly hates Elance (Or hates any useful, user friendly, well planned, flawlessy working systems; and wants to destroy them. Or hates freelancers; and wants to torture them.) Robot tongue. I can't think any other logical explanation for what they are doing. They throwed an almost perfect recruitment platform (Elance) in the bin (without any logical reason) and then created a much more awful, useless imitation of an awful, useless recruitment platform (oDesk).

I tried almost all recruitment platforms and Elance was the best and planets (not streets) ahead of the others. I wished there were some people/company who see this weird situation and the opportunity and could create a new platform similar to or better than Elance.

Community Leader
Michael R Member Since: May 18, 2015
54 of 87

@Ergun K wrote:

I totally agree with Rachel.

I just noticed that, in Upwork, you can't even edit your proposal after you sent! (%99 i will not be awarded because of i can't slightly edit 1 little sentence i wrote.). See https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Edit-proposal-after-applying-to-a-job/m-p/3657 (The worst thing is, there are some freelancers [Upwork fans?] are convinced that these weird problems/lacks are normal. Robot Frustrated). Everyday i notice somethings weird like this on Upwork Robot Sad.

Why do you send proposals, which have to edited?

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
55 of 87

"Why do you send proposals, which have to edited?"

Because sometimes clients change the job specifications, or we do some research and find something that could enhance our proposal. In any case it's not complicated, so why don't we have it?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Leader
Michael R Member Since: May 18, 2015
56 of 87

"Because sometimes clients change the job specifications," 

That's never happened to me.

"or we do some research and find something that could enhance our proposal."

Usually I do necessary research before I write and send a app proposal.

Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
57 of 87

"That's never happened to me."

It happens to me regularly; I get a notification from Elance to tell me the client has updated the job specs.

"Usually I do necessary research before I write and send a app proposal."

So do I, but sometimes I come across, or remember, something I can add to boost my chances.

The ability to edit proposals is a simple function and rather a lot of people seem to want it. There is no reason for it to be missing. The same goes for the ability to preview proposals, or submit one without quoting a fee. This is all basic stuff and many of us find it very useful.

Edited to add: Or sometimes I spot a typo, like I just did in this comment - especially if there isn't even a preview function. It's beyond ridiculous that I can go back and edit a forum comment, but not a proposal.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
58 of 87

@fergus M wrote:

"That's never happened to me."

It happens to me regularly; I get a notification from Elance to tell me the client has updated the job specs.

"Usually I do necessary research before I write and send a app proposal."

So do I, but sometimes I come across, or remember, something I can add to boost by chances.

The ability to edit proposals is a simple function and rather a lot of people seem to want it. There is no reason for it to be missing. The same goes for the ability to preview proposals, or submit one without quoting a fee. This is all basic stuff and many of us find it very useful.

That's happened to me too. What's funny and kinda frustrating is that I'll ask a question in the proposal, and then the guy changes the RFP to answer my question, and then I don't get the job. lol grrrrrrr. That's happened to me several times. 

Ergun K Member Since: Aug 3, 2015
59 of 87

@Michael R wrote:

Because, i am not a robot, i am a human. Robot tongue (Despite i use robot emoticons. )

I am not perfect/impeccable; i can make mistakes, i can't be 100% sure that what i wrote or did 100% right, free of error. So sometimes i might notice somethings (in a sent proposal) i need/like to edit/correct even i checked a few times before i sent.

Congratulations and respect if your are impeccable. Robot Happy

Additionally: They have to put/show a preview of text and a warning message that tells we will not be able to change even a letter after we clicked submit button.

Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
60 of 87

Michael R wrote:

QED

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS