🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Eligibility to apply for freelancing jobs on ...
Page options
annieindia
Community Member

Eligibility to apply for freelancing jobs on Upwork as a non-native English speaker

Hello, I am facing problems in finding freelancing job opportunities on Upwork as the minimum eligibility stated by the clients in most of the jobs is that they are looking for freelancers who are native English speakers. Please guide. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
williambernal
Community Member

AB,

Welcome to Upwork!

I've worked in this niche for a number of years and the competition is fairly intense.

Having said that, it looks like you've scored several jobs already and received excellent feedback upon completion. I'd say that's a pretty good start for a UW newbie so hang in there while keeping your expectations low.

In my opinion, however, you may want to take one more pass through your profile as the copy is unnecessarily wordy and a bit too vague regarding the specific skillset you can offer. Given that  you're targetting the writing niche (in English) you might really want to focus on what you have to offer (academics, etc.).

Good luck!

wb

Hi William,

Thank you for your reply and information. I will make changes as advised by you. However, it would be great if you could also please suggest something that Freelancers who are non-native English speakers have adopted as effective approach to successfully apply to jobs for native-English speakers as stated by the clients.

Thanks again.

Aditi

AB,

As I  mentioned regarding "an effective approach"-

"...keep your expectations low."

Best of luck!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members