Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notifications for New Jobs / Saved Searches

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
11 of 25

Hi Leah,

Just to confirm, you would like to receive notifications about new jobs that are posted? If yes, unfortunately at the moment we don't have this option.
But I can suggest to set up RSS feeds if it's a fit for your needs. You can find instructions in this help article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ecb1ac6b
Simon P Member Since: Nov 9, 2017
12 of 25

Hi Vladimir, I don't have the option for Job Recommendations either, even though my profile is complete. 

Can you please check to see why I'm not seeing this option, as it would be very useful?

Thx,

Simon

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
13 of 25

Hi Simon,

You can configure your email notifications by going to your Settings > Notification Settings and can set up your Job Feed to receive job recommendations and set up an RSS feed to be notified about new jobs posted in your category.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
ecb1ac6b
Simon P Member Since: Nov 9, 2017
14 of 25

There's no option for job emails in my Notification Settings - can you please check?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
15 of 25

Hi Simon,

There isn't an email notification for new jobs that are being posted in the Job Feed. You'd have to set up an RSS feed to get those. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
16 of 25

Valeria,

I don't think that has ever worked for me and it has always been checked on in my settings.

As far as the forum that one has never worked.

blubirdsols
Ace Contributor
Probuddha N Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
17 of 25

Thanks for your replies, guys.

So, apparently, we won't get email notifications for job recommendations based on our Saved Searches at Upwork, like the way we use to get (or still get) on Elance.

I think Upwork should really look into this and enable email notification for job recommendations.

Thanks

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
18 of 25
RSS seems to work.
blubirdsols
Ace Contributor
Probuddha N Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
19 of 25

And we can add the RSS to our Gmail with feedly?

EDIT - Just realized that we would need a Feedly pro account to do this.

Any other way we could add the Upwork RSS to our Gmail account?

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
20 of 25

@Probuddha N wrote:

Any other way we could add the Upwork RSS to our Gmail account?

I wouldn't know, I just use a feed reader (NewsBlur) and click back through to Upwork for anything of interest. (Personally, email is the last place I want to see job leads—as opposed to client communications). Another advantage of a mediated feed is that, unlike Upwork's native feed, dismissed listings stay dismissed.

Best,

Michael

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS