🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Email and password forgot
Page options
tusheroht
Community Member

Forgot Password and Security Answer

hi,

i had forgot my original accounts password and security answer. so, i can't reseting password. now, how can i access my original account?

please help me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
knwlzahid
Community Member

On the login page, choose the option reset password. see this link:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067518-Change-Password. 

Kanwal

View solution in original post

305 REPLIES 305
dd980bda
Community Member

Hello Andrea, 

Thanks for your response. Is there any other way since I haven't linked any payment to that account yet?

- Jeremiah

c3a0e5e1
Community Member

Hello,

Can someone here help me retrieve my account? I dont have the email and password with me but I know the username. Account is still active, I would like to access it so I can use it and continue my job. Is there any way to access it? I can do videocalls or whatsoever just to retrieve my account. Thanks

if you have a recovery email that could work best or an android phone. On android you even barely use the password you just authorise login with one click if the account is linked to both devices you are using.

I dont have the recovery email as well

Hello,

I filed a ticket regarding my lost/hacked account. I had an exchange of my information regarding my account with one of your agents but in the end, he wasn't able to resolve the issue and marked the ticket as solved. Is there any way for you guys to help me out?

Seems like the agent doesn't understand his job at all. 

Thanks

Yep. Bot from behalf of agent will post useless info within keywords matched. You need to reopen ticket couple of times to force someone read what you realy need.

Hi KB,

Even if the ticket is marked as "Solved' you can still reply to it if you have additional questions and the team will receive it. Please refer to the message the team shared with you via your ticket for further instructions on how to proceed with your concern. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi KB K,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with the username for the account you are referring to? 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hello. I have messaged you

f07706ef
Community Member

Forgot Password and answer of security question, need help resolving this issue..

Hi  A K M Amdadul,

Have you tried going through the process of resetting your password and security answer? If not, you can find more information in this help article.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f07706ef
Community Member

Thanks for your prompt response.

I tried this form but could not complete as I dont have all the mendatory information to enter like paypal account, transaction date as i dont have started work so no transaction etc. these fields are mendatory. so pls. help in this regard. Thanks

Thank you for clarifying. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ab4086d2
Community Member

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me?

I recently re-logged into Upwork because I decided I wanted to really kick-start getting projects.
Because it's a new browser on my iPhone and my PC, Upwork site asked for a Security Question, however I totally forgot the answer. So I cannot access my Settings.

While I want to reset the Security Question, I get the email link to reset, but it asks for Current Password, which I don't remember at all.

How do I do it then? Please help me.

Thanks so much.

Best,

Carmel

Hi Carmelita,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
nomanharoon
Community Member

Dear Support,

Please help me reset my password and security question password, I did'nt noted it, and I forgot.

Hi Noman, 

I can see that you are already communicating with the team via a support ticket. Don't hesitate to follow up on your ticket if you have additional questions or need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ac1b06d0
Community Member

I forgot my password and security question of my original account.
When I click on reset password link the it asking security question. I also forgot my security answer.
I make request twise but didn't get any response.
I need to access that aacount.

Please help ,how to get my account back.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Nadia. One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e8e258f3
Community Member

I forgot my password I tried send a reset link several times no email

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Donnett,

Could you please try using this form provided in this help article to reset your password or security question?

Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
92cd3656
Community Member

Please i can't remember my security answer, and anytime i tried reseeting, it takes me to login and i cannot also login. Please assist.

I have not registered and credit card on upwork, which ia making it dificult to provide answers to support.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Adegbile,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
92cd3656
Community Member

Thank you for the prompt resolution. My profile is okay now.

edac1964
Community Member

I forgot my Upwork password (this account is my other account) and need to regain access. The email I have been using for many emails is a yahoo email that I can no longer access as the recovery phone is out of service (and has been for years). I can identify myself other ways - ID, freelancers / contracts on my account. Left phone and chat message but nobody has contacted me from Upwork.  I need to get back in. Please help

Hi Natalia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Somebody has reached out already, thank you, just waiting to resolve the issue. Love Upwork and appreciate the quick seamless support

3f749929
Community Member

Hello!

I need help resetting my account because I forgot my password and security question, and I can't change one without the other. I managed to log in using the six-digit authentication, but I can't use all the features without the two passwords. Also, I tried to submit the resetting request, but an error occurs saying that I haven't completed all the required fields. So I don't have this option either. Is there any way I can get in touch with an account manager or something?

Thank you!

Hi Bianca,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you, Nikola! 

Hi Bianca,

You can directly contact the support of Upwork and they will ask you around 9-10 questions about the details that you submitted while you were creating the Upwork profile. Once you'll answer all the questions then after some time you can change the password and security question.

Regards 

Hi, Ramesh,

I tried to submit the answer to those 9-10 questions, but an error occurs saying that I haven't completed all the required fields even though I did. 

dimmylutawa
Community Member

I forgot email address and password for this below profile 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Can you please help me over this 

Hi Dimmy,

Please complete the account recovery form here. This will automatically create a support ticket, and one of our team members will assist you directly in recovering your account. We'd also like to remind you that freelancer are only allowed to have one Upwork account. Once you have access to your old account, please close this account that you use to post here in the community. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
guillaume-ds
Community Member

Hello I forgot my password on my main account but can't seems to receive the "forgot password email". 

I created a second account to be able to contact your support. 

Could you help me with this matter ? 

Hi Guillaume,

Please follow the instructions in the Help Article on how you can reset your password or security question. You can also check your spam and junk folders for any emails from our end, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

This issue here is that the email never arrived to my mail box and this makes it impossible to go to the next next step of the password change process. 
Is it possible that there is an issue with some domain names that may not received the mails ? 

Hi Guillaume,

I can also suggest checking with your email provider as well. Please refer to the section "If you have forgotten your password AND security answer" on how you can submit a request directly to our team to assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
zehrabatool870
Community Member

HI, I forgot my email and password for which i was using as freelancing. 

Username: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Profile link: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Im not being able to logged-in this profile as i forgot email and password. Could you please help me out in this regard so i continue my work.

Thanks in advance. 

Hi Zehra,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly and assist with your issue.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths