Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications and missing emails

anne_ginger
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
1 of 34

Hello everyone!

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having a problem with receiving email notifications? I'm not getting any email notification from the forum...and yes, I've checked my settings here and also my email's spam folder. It's so weird.

Another weird thing, I often don't get email notification from the main site when someone invites me for a job. The only emails I get are for contracts starting, ending, and payment. The PM doesn't always get to my inbox either.

Is this also happening to some of you? I miss the old days (just a year ago) when things work as they should.

Additional: Now some of my emails don't even get to my clients! Email body, texts and attachments! It's like emails to that client has been muted!

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 34

"I'm not getting any email notification from the forum"

neither am I

"It's so weird."

Not really - par for the course, I'd say   Smiley Tongue

"I miss the old days (just a year ago) when things work as they should."

Yep.

Sometimes I get email notifications for messages, interviews (albeit usually for Spanish to Norwegian translation or similar) before they appear in the main notifications. Then other times i don't get any

*** Just another contributor *** (like it...)

lyambarreau
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
3 of 34

Happened to me the other day. No emails and I get onto oDesk to see a contract offer and 2 messages.

I did see the notification for an Italian VA interview though, so that was useful.

anne_ginger
Community Guru
4 of 34

Thanks for the replies guys! This may not sound good but I'm glad I'm not alone in this thing.

Like the both of you, there had been many times that an important email did not get to me. I missed an offer, missed additional instruction, and missed a few invites. It makes me feel that the site is setting me up to fail. We all know that our response times to interviews and offers are monitored and counted against us so this is really important.

I've talked about this with support quite a few times but all tickets were dead ends. Some promised to update me, and some simply closed the ticket as resolved although I didn't get an update or a solution. Its grrr. 

Let's hope the engineers fix this thing up. The main site's system has been messed up for like half a year or more now. 

As for getting invites to jobs which has nothing to do with our skills, that's another thing 😛

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
5 of 34

I've almost missed a few emails a well. Now, I never rely on the emails coming to my email account. I check oDesk a couple of times a day to see if I have any new emails.

Usually it takes about a half hour or more for emails that get posted on oDesk to make it to my email account, but a few times they've never shown up at all.

g_nembhard
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
6 of 34

I log in to check messages too, I can't rely on the notifications. It kinda defeats the purpose.

anne_ginger
Community Guru
7 of 34

It keeps happening. This time I sent some emails to clients but upon checking they don't appear in the sent folder and I have a deadline. Very strange. It's looking like sabotage haha! (this is not a happy laughter).

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 34

Hi all,

I apologize that some notifications do not get delivered to your emails. I understand it is quite inconvenient and causes delays. We will follow up with our Engineering Team and make sure it is looked at and fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Valeria
Upwork
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
9 of 34

The thing is, Valeria, random notifications are worse than no notifications...

anne_ginger
Community Guru
10 of 34

Valeria, 

The missing notifications has been a problem for more than half a year now. Not sure how long the engineering team has to look into it but that seems awfully long.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS