Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications and missing emails

g_nembhard
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
11 of 34

Yep, I'm pretty sure that this problem existed over 6 months ago. I started noticing a pattern.

It's inperative that we receive notifications. I've heard people say that they missed out on good jobs because they didn't realise that a client had sent an invitation until they logged into their account.

anne_ginger
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
12 of 34

another missing email bug 😞

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
bryantdorothea49
Dorothea B Member Since: May 14, 2015
13 of 34

Yes,

I'm having the same problem only it just started with the new change to upwork. Up until 2 weeks ago I was getting steady emails with no problems. I thought it was because of the latest change but now I see others have been having problems for months. This does not look good for Upwork (I hate that name). I need to know what's happening on my account in real time, missing out on important notifications from my clients could cost me dearly. Many of them have very tight deadlines and if I'm late in responding or I fail to respond it could cost me my job and right now this is my only source of income.

They tell us to not give personal information to the clients and to work through them, but if they're not going to follow through, they aren't the ones who'll suffer.

Please do something about this. I can't imagine dealing with this problem for months. I've only had to deal with it for a couple of weeks.

Thea

da5aafc3
Marissa M Member Since: Jun 25, 2015
14 of 34

As a client new to Upwork, I'm extremely disappointed in the issues that have been going on with notifications.  It seems as though not only are my freelancers NOT recieving my messages, but I'm not getting theirs either.  I just cancelled a contract because my freelancer was not readily available.  Turns out that they weren't even getting message notifications.  

As someone in sales, I'm driving constantly.  Email notifications are necessary for my business workflow.  I simply don't have the time to log into the website every single time my freelancer has a question or needs an answer.  This is why email notifications exist.  

This is a major failure on your part Upwork, and needs to be fixed ASAP.  You are causing uneeded confusion due to poor communication.  Either fix it properly or remove the feature from the site.  

I was lured here from Guru and I'm thinking that may have been a big mistake.  

andreobrown
Ace Contributor
André B Member Since: Aug 20, 2009
15 of 34

I'm not getting email notifications from the foum. Is there a problem, again?

--
Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
16 of 34

re: "I'm not getting email notifications from the foum. Is there a problem, again?"

Hmm... I don't know that email notifications from the forum have every worked reliably.

seamus136
Vlad R Member Since: Jul 4, 2015
17 of 34

Same issue. I'm no longer receiving emails when I get messages from clients, which is very frustrating. Have not had the chance to notice other missing notifications though. Not yet, anyway.

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
18 of 34

"Belt and braces and also physically holding up the trousers" strategy:

Mobile app notifications

email notifications

Between these three, you'll be covered..

cdeardorff
Chris D Member Since: Oct 14, 2015
19 of 34

I am having the same issue. Just opened an account and posted a job. 

Any tips? 

Chris

researchediting
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
20 of 34

I'm getting email notifications. Of course, they'r typically a week late, like the one from yesterday alerting me to last week's phone interview.

Best to all,

MIchael

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS