cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Email notifications

jeisselflores
Jeissel Denise F Member Since: Apr 12, 2014
1 of 10
These problems occurred first when odesk has some problem with their messaging system. There has been a delay on my messages going to my email. Usually, I rely on my emails on checking if there is a message from a client because I have it as an app on my phone and I find it really convinient. Now, I receive those emails hours or even a day later than it was sent to me. Are other freelancers experiencing this problem to or is it just because of my email provider (Yahoo)? Thanks a lot!
smith_sam
Ace Contributor
Vivek G Member Since: Aug 20, 2009
2 of 10
Hi I have same issue with my gmail account provider Odesk have a bunch of bugs Thanks Vivek
g_nembhard
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
3 of 10
Unfortunately, it's nothing new. There have been times when a potential job shows up in my inbox, but I don't see a notification sent to my email account. I just log directly into my oDesk account to check messages now. It defeats the purpose of having notifications set up, but that's the way it is for now.
godf_writer
Godfrey W Member Since: May 3, 2020
4 of 10
I am experience same problem from Yahoo.

I don't know whether the problem is Yahoo's or Upwork's but surely something needs to be done.
djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
5 of 10

Hi Godfrey,

Could you please send us more information on the problem you are experiencing so that we can check and assist you further? Are you experiencing delays in receiving emails?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
godf_writer
6 of 10
Yes, I'm experiencing delays in receiving email notifications. I was expecting to receive an email with instructions on how to reset my security question but that hasn't happened. 
It's going to an hour now and after an hour, I'll not be able to use the link anymore. 
Please assist. 
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
7 of 10

Hi Godfrey,

I shared your concern with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
godf_writer
8 of 10
Thank you for your response. Will I get the ticket notification or it will be directly through the platform's notification icon?
alithayar
Ali Y Member Since: May 13, 2018
9 of 10
I also have the same issue, when a client message me , i receive the email notification after and hour or more. I am facing very difficulties in delaying email notifications.
pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
10 of 10

Hello Ali,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS