🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Email with recovery info fails to arrive to m...
Page options
messaki
Community Member

Email with recovery info fails to arrive to my email

Hi! Recently I needed my friend to access my UpWork account from another city. When he tried to log in with my credentials, there showed a page with a secret question (because of the unknown location or sth). He answered it right (because I have it saved and sent it to him). However, the system said that it was changed. I had no idea why this happened, and after some failed attempts to log in, there was an email sent to my email at icloud. However, I did not receive it and numerous emails after trying to recover the access. From my side, the platform works in every aspect apart from having access to settings (the same page with the question and "forgot your answer").

Is there any possibility from your side to reroute the recovery email to another address? I've already checked the spam folder and all the obvious and not factors to affect the deliverability. Nothing helped. Hope you can!

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

But you know that you can never let another person access your account and you will get suspended?

prestonhunter
Community Member

Erik: Your post indicates such a fundamental lack of awareness about Upwork rules and intentions… it is difficult to know how to respond.

Preston H wrote:

Erik: Your post indicates such a fundamental lack of awareness about Upwork rules and intentions… it is difficult to know how to respond.

It does boggle the mind. It's like a person running into a police station covered in evidence saying he just terminated a person and asking for the nearest dry cleaner. 

Martina P wrote:

Preston H wrote:

It does boggle the mind. It's like a person running into a police station covered in evidence saying he just terminated a person and asking for the nearest dry cleaner. 

This forum should be renamed the true confessions page.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Erik,

If you would like to update your email address, simply go to Settings > Contact Info > and update your email address. At the moment, all the emails that are sent from our end will be received on the email that is associated with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
chukwu-christian
Community Member

@Erik

Granting someone access to your Upwork account was a huge mistake which you shouldn't try often except in severe cases. 

I believe Upwork has some bots for detecting and keeping records of login locations. So, when there is a drastic change and space between the locations of two login times for example, they suspect that someone somewhere is unduly gaining access to your account.

So, I believe it's to your interest that Upwork take this stress to protect you.

'

I suggest you reach out to the customer service/support team and let them know what's going on. They will help.

Thanks.

Christian C wrote:

@Erik

Granting someone access to your Upwork account was a huge mistake which you shouldn't try often except in severe cases. 

I believe Upwork has some bots for detecting and keeping records of login locations. So, when there is a drastic change and space between the locations of two login times for example, they suspect that someone somewhere is unduly gaining access to your account.

So, I believe it's to your interest that Upwork take this stress to protect you.

'

I suggest you reach out to the customer service/support team and let them know what's going on. They will help.

Thanks.

Bad bad advice. There is no severe circumstance ever when anybody should do that. Yeah, support will help. To keep the platform safe from people who don't respect the rules they signed up for. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members