🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Emails
Page options
sarahmonicanah
Community Member

Emails

A client has messaged me after sending a proposal asking to send my CV/further information to her email address - is this allowed, as I don't want to risk my account. They have quite a bit of experience on UpWork on the client side.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alekstojak
Community Member

Hey Sarah,
You are safe sending her your CV on Upwork.

She needs to hire you before you send him any emails. Ask to send your CV through Upwork. And everything else.
You have to be transparent and follow Upwork rules or else your account will be closed.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
alekstojak
Community Member

Hey Sarah,
You are safe sending her your CV on Upwork.

She needs to hire you before you send him any emails. Ask to send your CV through Upwork. And everything else.
You have to be transparent and follow Upwork rules or else your account will be closed.

Hope this helps.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Sarah M wrote:
A client has messaged me after sending a proposal asking to send my CV/further information to her email address - is this allowed, as I don't want to risk my account. They have quite a bit of experience on UpWork on the client side.

You are not allowed to share contact details until a contract is in place. So remove any phone numbers, addresses, emails, etc., in your CV, then upload it into the Upwork message center. After you are hired, you can communicate in any way you want. But the TOS says you must only communicate through Upwork before a contract, and not share outside contact details. Doing so may put your account at risk for suspension. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths