🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Employer Has Been Escaping Payment
Page options
swassay
Community Member

Employer Has Been Escaping Payment

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
Hi. I started working for **Edited for Community Guidelines** on the 14th of March. I submitted my work for his Instgram page diligently and far within the deadlines that he set. He paid me my first milestone but he disappeared completely when it came to the second one. Ever since then, he has not contacted me at all despite my constant messaging. You will see in these screenshots that I have been nothing but respectful and patient. In order to get his attention, I logged into the same account he gave me the credentials for

**Edited for Community Guidelines**
when we were working and wrote on his posts about paying me. I did this to get his attention, and I did. 

As you will see in these screenshots, **Edited for Community Guidelines**claims that he was somewhere where there is no Internet access. Clearly this is a lie. If **Edited for Community Guidelines**was on a 5 week vacation, as he claims, and our contract started with him on 14th March, can we all do the math and know that he must still be in the same city where there is no internet? Does this not also suggest that **Edited for Community Guidelines**was in the no-internet land when he posted the job, sent us the contract, AND kept on working with us well into the 21st March.

I hope the moderator sees this and I get my fair payment. This is highly unprofessional.

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Sye

I hope the moderator sees this and I get my fair payment. This is highly unprofessional.

Did you do work without a funded milestone? In that case, there is nothing anyone can do.

If the client reports your posting from his Instagram account to Upwork, you are going to be in trouble...

All that fuss over $ 7.50

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Syed,

I just checked your contract and I can confirm that your second milestone is funded.  You will need to submit the work on the milestone created for you. After 14 days the funds will be transferred to your account if no actions are taken on the milestone. Keep in mind that if you resubmit the work again you will reset the 14 days period. To learn more details about fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for your prompt response. I have already submitted my work for the second milestone to the client. I did it then and there. He disappeared after the work and it was not automatically funded.

petra_r
Community Member

Syed Mohammad W wrote:
Thank you for your prompt response. I have already submitted my work for the second milestone to the client. I did it then and there. He disappeared after the work and it was not automatically funded.

Obviously not properly.... Did you use the "Submit work for payment" function on the contract? If yes, then you get paid after 14 days.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths