🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Employer asked me my VAT
Page options
jkley
Community Member

Employer asked me my VAT

Hello!
I'm from Argentina. My employeer asked me for my VAT and a invoice spesifying what I delivered to her. 

I'm not sure what to answer to her. I don't have a VAT numer. Can someone help me please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8467c28e
Community Member

Hi Jimena,

It seems like your employer is asking for your VAT (Value Added Tax) number, which is typically required for tax purposes when dealing with international clients. In Argentina, VAT is known as IVA (Impuesto al Valor Agregado). However, if you're a freelancer and not registered as a business, you might not have a VAT number.

To address your employer's request, you can consider the following steps:

Clarify your situation: Explain to your employer that you're an individual freelancer and not registered as a business, which is why you don't have a VAT number.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please note that I'm not a tax professional, so it's essential to consult with an accountant or tax advisor in Argentina to ensure compliance with local regulations and proper invoicing practices.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
8467c28e
Community Member

Hi Jimena,

It seems like your employer is asking for your VAT (Value Added Tax) number, which is typically required for tax purposes when dealing with international clients. In Argentina, VAT is known as IVA (Impuesto al Valor Agregado). However, if you're a freelancer and not registered as a business, you might not have a VAT number.

To address your employer's request, you can consider the following steps:

Clarify your situation: Explain to your employer that you're an individual freelancer and not registered as a business, which is why you don't have a VAT number.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Please note that I'm not a tax professional, so it's essential to consult with an accountant or tax advisor in Argentina to ensure compliance with local regulations and proper invoicing practices.

Why are you giving advice in violation of Upwork's Terms of Service?

jkley
Community Member

Thank you very much!!

8467c28e
Community Member

You're welcome Jimena. If you have any other questions, I will be happy to help.

sofia2008
Community Member

There are no employers on Upwork. The persons you are dealing with are Clients. Take that into consideration when you will ask for local advice.

elisa_b
Community Member

Tell your client invoices are created automatically on Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members