🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Employer did not close the job and he is not ...
Page options
mostafa__khaled
Community Member

Employer did not close the job and he is not responding

Hello, I finished a job for an employer from a long time ago but till now he did not close the job. I tried to contact him regarding this but he is not responding now.

I need him to close the job because I cannot join an agency on Upwork without this job being closed

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Mostafa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that both clients and freelancers have the option to end the contract at any time. Since the client is already unresponsive, you can go to the contract room and click on the 3-dot button and select "End contract" as shown below:

759e32fa_0-1658596662491.png

Aside from closing contracts, you would also have to close any active and pending proposals to join as an exclusive member of an agency. To withdraw these proposals, kindly go to Find Work > Proposals > select a submitted/active proposal > click on "Withdraw Proposal."

759e32fa_1-1658596796067.png

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Just close the job yourself.

759e32fa

Hi Mostafa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that both clients and freelancers have the option to end the contract at any time. Since the client is already unresponsive, you can go to the contract room and click on the 3-dot button and select "End contract" as shown below:

759e32fa_0-1658596662491.png

Aside from closing contracts, you would also have to close any active and pending proposals to join as an exclusive member of an agency. To withdraw these proposals, kindly go to Find Work > Proposals > select a submitted/active proposal > click on "Withdraw Proposal."

759e32fa_1-1658596796067.png

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members