🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Employment Reference Letter for Canadian immi...
Page options
eugene-krevenets
Community Member

Employment Reference Letter for Canadian immigration

I'm going to apply for Canada Federal Skilled Worker (Express Entry) and would need to show proof of my past experience because I'm working on Upwork for many years, I had many projects, and it won't be simple to get even part references letters from my past clients.

Does anyone already try to use Upwork experience as proof of professional experience? And could Upwork itself give a letter which would show that I had a list of projects as Software Engineer with a specific rate for some specific number of hours?

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Eugene K wrote:

Does anyone already try to use Upwork experience as proof of professional experience? And could Upwork itself give a letter which would show that I had a list of projects as Software Engineer with a specific rate for some specific number of hours?

Upwork won't, but you can use your Certificate of Earnings to show recent (last 12 months) income and a link to your profile, or a printout (if per snail-mail) of your profile and history.

Thank you! I know about "Certificate of Earnings". it gives the last 12 month only, but I need to show all my 6 years of work experience on Upwork. In general "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)" requires the proof of my last 10 years of experience.

Hi Mate, 

Hope that you are doing well. I'm also in the same situation. Can you please tell me what your updates regarding "Canada Immigration". 

Thanks in advance

Certificate of earning not proves the number of total hours worked in that year. How to prove total number of hours worked each year. Kindly guide. 

i_streamline
Community Member

Hi!

I join the question.

Any progress on this? I suppose we can ask for a proof of transactions from Upwork, since it is managing our contracts and takes fee.

Anton F wrote:

Hi!

I join the question.

Any progress on this? I suppose we can ask for a proof of transactions from Upwork, since it is managing our contracts and takes fee.

You can print off your work history and download spreadsheets showing your income via your transaction history. You can also include your tax returns.

Do I get it right, there is no way to make a report of 3 or more years of my working history?

Thank you for a quick reply. 

And thank you for being here!

sharnaly
Community Member

Have you tried it? I am also going to try for express entry and facing the same problem.

I didn't receive a reply to my message. Neither did I succeed with ee 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths