🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » End Contract For A Some Reason.
Page options
gayane76
Community Member

End Contract For A Some Reason.

Hi, I'm Gayane. I want to end the contract with my great client.

I work on a project, where I approved 2 milestones. The second was approved by UpWork.

Today, after the war in my country, in my region I get internet 1 hour a day, so I can't continue to work on this project. But there are deadlines that I can't complete. Also, I have a positive test of COVID. So what can I do to end the contract with No Feedback or positive feedback?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Gayane,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. Typically, freelancers wait for the client to end a contract, make any final payments, and leave feedback. However, you will find more information on how to close your contract in this help article.

Additionally, you may reach out to the client to explain the situation and discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract. 

Please, note that when you close a contract, the client is notified and will have 14 days to provide their feedback on the contract. If no feedback is provided on the contract by them, it will not have an impact on your score. For more information on Job Succes Score feel free to check this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Gayane P wrote:

Hi, I'm Gayane. I want to end the contract with my great client.

I work on a project, where I approved 2 milestones. The second was approved by UpWork.

Today, after the war in my country, in my region I get internet 1 hour a day, so I can't continue to work on this project. But there are deadlines that I can't complete. Also, I have a positive test of COVID. So what can I do to end the contract with No Feedback or positive feedback?

Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're facing. The best thing to do is explain your situation to the client; be sure to tell them that you've appreciated working with them and that your main concern is that you won't be able to meet their deadlines. It's possible that they aren't in as much of a hurry as you think, and maybe they'll be willing to receive their work more slowly. If not, then send them everything that you've done so far and ask them to release any outstanding payments. Then close the project yourself, because if the client closes it, they'll be forced to provide feedback (they might still choose to do so, however - there's no way to avoid that). 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members