cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End Contract

henk88
Henkell O Member Since: Nov 19, 2016
1 of 6

I have already finished the job and it is okay with the client already. Although I went ahead in ending the contract already will he be able to end it still? Does it matter who ends it?

gayonb
Ace Contributor
Gayon B Member Since: Sep 7, 2016
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Hi Henkell,

Once you have ended the contract that's it. Your client will get an email promting them that the contract has been ended and he/she can leave feedback. You cannot end a contract twice. In the future, it is always best to also have your client end the contract first and leave feedback same time, instead of you ending it. 

Regards,

Gayon

(Optimistic Upwork Freelancer)

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently." Henry Ford

View solution in original post

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

@Henkell O wrote:

I have already finished the job and it is okay with the client already. Although I went ahead in ending the contract already will he be able to end it still? Does it matter who ends it?

Yes it matters because when you have your client end the contract, you are guaranteed feedback, and when you end the contract you are not.

As "no feedback" contracts are a bad thing (when they make a significant proportion of your over all history) they should be avoided where possible.

kwiehr
Katharina W Member Since: Dec 10, 2016
4 of 6

Actually, I have a similar question. You seem to know about these things.

What can I best do, when the clients contract was paused because of issues and has never been opened again. I would like to clear it from the job list but know that closing it myself will be a disadvantage. But aparrently the client does not come back to upwork. I would like upwork to close the contract for me in this case. Is that possible? But where are "they" anyway? No possibility to contact.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 6

@Katharina W wrote:

Actually, I have a similar question. You seem to know about these things.

What can I best do, when the clients contract was paused because of issues and has never been opened again. I would like to clear it from the job list but know that closing it myself will be a disadvantage. But aparrently the client does not come back to upwork. 

If the client's account is suspended, the contract does not count into your JSS. Just close the contract.

also, a small percentage of "no feedback" contracts does not affect you. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 6

If you have a paused contract, and the client has disappeared, then eventually you will need to close the contract yourself. Having inactive contracts will eventually lower JSS, so you don't want to let those accumulate.

Asking Upwork to close a contract won't help you. The contract still won't have client feedback. It is better for you to close it yourself, timing the closure to fit within a block of jobs that do have client feedback.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS