🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » End Fixed Price Project Without Payment Appro...
Page options
eraquintan
Community Member

End Fixed Price Project Without Payment Approval

I have a problematic client who has kept our milestone inactive the entire time I was working. Now he has activated/funded it as per my request, Ive submitted payment request but it's not approved yet. What happens when I end the contract without it being approved yet? Will I still get that payment?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tlbp
Community Member

You need to wait for approval by the client or automatic approval after 14 days or the money will revert to the client. 

IMO, milestone information is a little confusing and fragmented.

However, if you do a web search for "How Upwork milestone payments work step by step," you can find some guides by written by freelancers (and the official guide) to help you understand the sequence. You can also search through the forums here for recent posts on the topic. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tlbp
Community Member

You need to wait for approval by the client or automatic approval after 14 days or the money will revert to the client. 

IMO, milestone information is a little confusing and fragmented.

However, if you do a web search for "How Upwork milestone payments work step by step," you can find some guides by written by freelancers (and the official guide) to help you understand the sequence. You can also search through the forums here for recent posts on the topic. 

eraquintan
Community Member

I see. Thank you

wescowley
Community Member

In addition to what Tonya said: in the future, don't do any work until the milestone is active, because you don't have any guarantee of being paid if it's inactive.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members